Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the club exercise the 1 year extension on LuaLua's contract?

Well?

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's a no from me. I'd rather see the money go towards a winger who has a decent final ball, doesn't go down too easily, isn't so inconsistent and can start games throughout the season.

LuaLua can be brilliant, but those games aren't often enough. It's a shame we didn't get Conway.
I agree, but the question is, can you find one of this players within our budget? Conway was good but he was clearly out of our price range.
If nothing else you take the option up so you can sell him, right?

Very true, although I doubt we'd get that much for him.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Shame he doesnt seem to be able to last 90 minutes but still feel he's a good option to have in the match day squad and always injects a bit of energy when the opposition tires. Keep

gully1984

May 3, 2014
KLL on his day is a cracking player. Not sure why he's been used as an impact player, I don't believe all the nonsense about not being 90 min match fit.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Whilst he's obviously no Vicente, LuaLua is the one player remaining on our books who, on receiving the ball, will set off a buzz of expectation that something special might just be about to happen.

For that alone, he deserves to stay.

Aug 4, 2011
Great player. Don't think he had the game time to prove it as much this season though. But exciting to watch, always changes the pace of the game and gives opposition someyhing to worry about. And what a great kick!!! Hopefully see more of him next season get some goals!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought the club would automatically extend his contract. I'm surprised it's even up for discussion.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He might rarely manage 90 minutes but he'll still play more games than Buckley.
People criticize his crossing but most of the time as he's on the left it's with his weaker foot.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Well on the plus side when he comes on the opposition often put 2 or 3 on him which should free up some room for the rest of our forwards.
On the minus side nearly every shot on goal from him lands in row Z and some of us think hes practicing for the rugby world cup.
On balance keep.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
It's a no from me. I'd rather see the money go towards a winger who has a decent final ball, doesn't go down too easily, isn't so inconsistent and can start games throughout the season.

LuaLua can be brilliant, but those games aren't often enough. It's a shame we didn't get Conway.

Certainly the last bit http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAssists/0,,10794~20137,00.html It's a shame we didn't sign Conway his,crossing was just what Ulloa would have loved.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Depends on budget and player/agent demands but he has to improve his decision making otherwise he will remain an average Championship winger.

Whilst I don't like basing my opinions purely on stats his goals per game ratio is poor and his cross completion must also be low (not helped by having an isolated Ulloa only in the box).

I'd rather have a less eye catching man on the wing who delivers better quality into the box.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not LuaLua's biggest fan but the fact is we don't have anyone else who can change a game like him. He's definitely our player with the most explosive pace. Seeing as the general agreement is we need more pace, letting him go would be odd. I would definitely take the extra year on his contract.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
There may be an extension available on his contract, but at what terms? I have the impression (though from where I don't know so do shoot this down if needed) that most contract extension options include a fair bump in wages.
I

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here