Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Choose the opposition to give Palace more confidence

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Strangely enough that's exactly where I used to play.
And I wasn't too bad either.

Well, I've ended up left midfield / wing and I'm very right-footed, so I'll have to either cut inside at every opportunity or occasionally switch with [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION]

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
They won 2-1

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Against a team in 10th in the fifth division of English football.... have to wonder how any one can view that type of result as a confidence booster. If a Prem team struggles against them in a non competitive, behind closed doors match like that then there'snot much hope for them either in the coming matches.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bromley????

I thought it was Bromby, in the first round of the Champions league, after their record breaking march on Europe last season. You know, the one that The Raver and all the rest of them told us that they were nailed on to have.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I LIKE this idea! And looking at the team below, I reckon they could give Palace a game. Come on Roy!

..................................................Scousefan

Goldstone 1976..........el punal.....................Raleigh Chopper............Rogero

Triggaaar.(C)..........Blue Valkyrie.....................Postman Pat..............Bry Nylon

.......................................................Rugrat

...................................................Thunder Bolt

Substitutes

Papa Lazarou
Fountainhead
lawros left foot
James Bond's body double
Yes Chef (GK)
There's a C by my name, do I have to bring cakes? Wait, I hope that's not a 4 letter insult :(

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
There's a C by my name, do I have to bring cakes? Wait, I hope that's not a 4 letter insult :(

Disappointment for me there. I'm taking part in a WALKING football tournament next week. I suspect I would still have their defenders in my pocket.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I went on BBS to see if they were celebrating their win. All quite low-key but there is a beautiful thread where someone is suggesting they only need 10 wins from the next 32 games to stay up, less if they get some draws etc.

Then someone pointed out they've only had 12 wins in the last 65 games

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I went on BBS to see if they were celebrating their win. All quite low-key but there is a beautiful thread where someone is suggesting they only need 10 wins from the next 32 games to stay up, less if they get some draws etc.

Then someone pointed out they've only had 12 wins in the last 65 games
Link? [emoji3]

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
That's quality.

Yeah that stat actually made me think 'whoa - they really might go down this year'. Prior to that I'd just been assuming they'd pull it out of the bag. To be fair, they had an equally poor start in 2013 - 8 losses in 9 games - and survived in the end.

On the championship front I'm hoping Leeds continue to falter, I don't think I could handle the hype if they made it back into the Prem in the next year or two

DavePage

Guess the number of people born since Crystal Palace last scored in the Premier League - BBC Th.jpeg

Made me smile

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
As a confirmed ABU (anyone but United), I find it very hard to hope that they win and keep a clean sheet this weekend. But I do, of course.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here