Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sporting CP’s Ezequiel Schelotto (defender) *signed* on permanent 3yr deal

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well it was hardly irrelevant to the question being asked, was it? It's something that genuinely concerns me on a daily basis, as an employer of highly skilled technical professionals, many of whom are EU nationals, and we are likely to struggle to recruit staff of similar quality in the future as Brexit bites, as experience suggests that the available alternatives on the UK labour market are considerably inferior. The analogy to the football transfer market is clear. Rant over.
Stop it with your first hand experience and facts. Nobody cares about such things any more.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Feels a bit like the Duffy signing did to me last year - why are we getting in players for positions where we're already sorted, for this season anyway? Quite happy to have Bruno and Rosenior for RB. OK, they will need to be replaced on grounds of age eventually - Bruno in particular I think has only one season left in him. So no chance of the Academy producing a RB in the next couple of years? Disappointing.....
Good luck to Schelotto, and welcome to the Albion. I hope he does great for us - maybe in time become a club legend - and if the fee reported is accurate, it's not a bank-breaking amount - but I'd much rather we used all the money in the budget to buy that striker we all want!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With Goldson out on loan and Denswil & Schelotto in I make that 22 places filled.

Hopefully. I have a hunch we will add another midfielder - has to be a concern that Propper and Gross have been slow to adapt to the pace of the premier league. Then the keeper and hopefully 2 strikers although I think we might be lucky to get more than one through in the time.

Propper and Gross slow to adapt? after just THREE games? Get real and give everyone a chance! I'm just glad that the club don't think the same way that you seem to.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Feels a bit like the Duffy signing did to me last year - why are we getting in players for positions where we're already sorted, for this season anyway? Quite happy to have Bruno and Rosenior for RB. OK, they will need to be replaced on grounds of age eventually - Bruno in particular I think has only one season left in him. So no chance of the Academy producing a RB in the next couple of years? Disappointing.....
Good luck to Schelotto, and welcome to the Albion. I hope he does great for us - maybe in time become a club legend - and if the fee reported is accurate, it's not a bank-breaking amount - but I'd much rather we used all the money in the budget to buy that striker we all want!

what is the reported fee ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Propper and Gross slow to adapt? after just THREE games? Get real and give everyone a chance! I'm just glad that the club don't think the same way that you seem to.

He's hardly written them off, and you're right its early days but its fair to say they haven't hit the ground running here. Gross has been playing much too far forward IMO, and as a result has struggled to get involved. Propper has been giving the ball away cheaply and keeps getting caught in possession. Both will adapt, I'm confident of that, but we certainly need them to. And sharpish.

I do disagree with [MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] though, I doubt another MF is on our agenda. We've got Brown and Kayal to return still. Everyone knows where we need to be channelling whatever remains of our budget today.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well it was hardly irrelevant to the question being asked, was it? It's something that genuinely concerns me on a daily basis, as an employer of highly skilled technical professionals, many of whom are EU nationals, and we are likely to struggle to recruit staff of similar quality in the future as Brexit bites, as experience suggests that the available alternatives on the UK labour market are considerably inferior. The analogy to the football transfer market is clear. Rant over.

It is a fair point but I think that highly skilled professionals will be okay.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nope - that's what Freedom of Movement of labour in the EU is all about. In the future, who knows what extra bureaucratic barriers we will face in doing these kinds of deals.

By the time that's resolved all the foreign players signed for the Dev Squad will be qualified as homegrown and we won't need to sign anyone :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here