Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

albionite

May 20, 2009
Good luck travelling home today, service is even more of a joke than normal. Only two guys working on control and no one has a clue what is going on.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
i see a massive facility built at Three Bridges and a raft of new rolling stock that runs counter to that narrative. whatever is going on in the service front, someone is putting money in. very few are going to afford the real cost of rail travel, so somewhere someone is going to have to explain to each other and the passengers what the target objective really looks like.

A lot of the investment is down to contractual obligations that currently favour the private companies/franchises, a lot of government money that leaks out into these contracts could also be spent upgrading the networks.

Great to have nice big shinny facilities, but a load of crap if they don't help to move the paying public form A to B. Also the new trains on the Brighton to Eastbourne route were allowed to be built without toilets, shocking.

Is the new facility at Three Bridges a bunker where the CEO and his cronies hide away from the angry rail users.

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
Waste of time, railway rules and regs are a lot different from simple T&C's, the railway by laws are pretty comprehensive in back side covering

I know, but I'm giving it a go, I haven't been able to view my journey history properly online since April 12th, which is what I have been chasing for nearly eight weeks, so if it speeds that up then it will be worthwhile.

I somehow managed to get £20.00 compensation from the credit card company as they had text me asking to call them back. When I called I was advised the disputes dept. weren't there, so I complained as they hadn't put their opening hours on the text. I wasted 25 minutes on the phone, but got the equivalent of two hours pay (or two & half days train fare) for my trouble.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I know, but I'm giving it a go, I haven't been able to view my journey history properly online since April 12th, which is what I have been chasing for nearly eight weeks, so if it speeds that up then it will be worthwhile.

I somehow managed to get £20.00 compensation from the credit card company as they had text me asking to call them back. When I called I was advised the disputes dept. weren't there, so I complained as they hadn't put their opening hours on the text. I wasted 25 minutes on the phone, but got the equivalent of two hours pay (or two & half days train fare) for my trouble.

As I pointed out earlier in the thread there are ways and means to get the better of Southern at the moment but good luck and hope you get a result

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So if writing to the MP won't help, what can be done?

Nothing, it is more a political issue that MPs have clearly decided to ignore

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Kyle and Lucas locally are onside.

Are you in Manchester, or back in Sussex?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Sussex. Hasn't been updated for a while!
But surely the aim is to persuade the other MPs that aren't helping yet?

Many Sussex MPs (and the current issue mostly affect Sussex and Surrey) attended a meeting with train managers last week.

As Caroline Lucas reported, the train companies were very evasive with their answers, and she left the meeting still wanting to know more.

http://www.carolinelucas.com/latest/failure-on-the-trains-i-meet-the-rail-bosses

Other Sussex MPs - all Tory - are equally pissed off with the service, delays and cancellations, but they are peddling the SASTA line about 'excessive number of sick days' and 'industrial action'. In short, they're not blaming SASTA.

It depends on what side of the fence you sit, but seeing as the DfT have given SASTA the green light to worsen the service (now that we've finally got to realise the nature of the contact SASTA are working under), it doesn't take a massive leap of logic to see that some MPs are being loyal to the government, rather than their constituents.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It depends on what side of the fence you sit, but seeing as the DfT have given SASTA the green light to worsen the service (now that we've finally got to realise the nature of the contact SASTA are working under), it doesn't take a massive leap of logic to see that some MPs are being loyal to the government, rather than their constituents.

What green light to worsen the service or do you mean the fact you might not have a train manager per train as it becomes DOO like it is already on many trains GTR run in the northern area of this franchise ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

we could ignore those that say they wont help and write, i know im going to. make it an issue for them, highlighting the industrial action/overtime ban connection, there must be stats to verify the performance difference due to "staff shortages/sickness" before and since the strike.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
What green light to worsen the service or do you mean the fact you might not have a train manager per train as it becomes DOO like it is already on many trains GTR run in the northern area of this franchise ?

The Remedial Plan allows for GTR to schedule more cancellations over the next two years before improving the service.

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
As I pointed out earlier in the thread there are ways and means to get the better of Southern at the moment but good luck and hope you get a result

Thanks, I'll have another LOOK through the older posts for your TIP

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here