Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, big question: the remnants of Emma that are due to hit us in about 3 hours or so. Rain or snow?

Mainly rain on the coast and inland about 10 - 15 miles (will vary with intensity) and snow inland and on hills.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Currently tipping it down here in BN1. But there's a definite sense of Winter Is Leaving. There's no wicked wind, it's not evilly cold like it was yesterday, most of the pavements and all of the roads are completely free of snow and ice. Hurrah!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Brief shower of sleet in Eastbourne.

Obvious response from the school...

PANIC....!!!!! "Arrange for your child to be collected as soon as possible. We are closing the school".

TBF to them this is apparently in response to "continuous parental concerns". I wonder what proportion of the concerned are male?

Really? I'm in Eastbourne and been steadily snowing for the last 30 mins, prior to that it was sleeting for about 20 mins. Weird

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
meteoradar

Just checked again and it's moved north a bit but Worthing still might get the end of it at 4-4.15

I think radar deals with snow poorly, as it relies on the cloud temps to determine what they are.

The radar I've been looking at has the back edge not far from Worthing now

Edit to add: I prefer your outlook! :)

leaving soon.png

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
usually I can see Newhaven in the distance from my window at work ... at the moment all I can see is WHITE

Bonus.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think radar deals with snow poorly, as it relies on the cloud temps to determine what they are.

View attachment 94763

Although the bottom edge of that looks near, isn't it moving more in a Westerly direction rather than Northerly, hence the potentially longer duration ?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The temp here has just popped above freezing +0.1C I wonder how well the DP is faring to keep this as snow?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Heavy snow in Haywards Heath now, and laying.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton

Edit to add: I prefer your outlook! :)

View attachment 94763

Although the bottom edge of that looks near, isn't it moving more in a Westerly direction rather than Northerly, hence the potentially longer duration ?

Moving north-westerly according to Meteoradar.

Looks like it'll be past Worthing shortly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here