Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic chanting-I anything acceptable?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
ER LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT-it isn't natural at all its a made up human thing, men with that ridiculous effeminate tone of voice and females being the 'butch' one and acting all blokey in the relationship is clearly not normal, it is all a put on , why is it needed and who does it impress ?

Who said anything about men with an effeminate tone or butch females? This thread is about sexuality isn't it?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hardly. What I propose is people don't act like c*nts. Just so I'm clear, what types of homophobia do you find acceptable? Is it ok if it's just 'banter'?

Ooh, let me see, yes. There we go, just put myself in a box, care to label it?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
ER LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT-it isn't natural at all its a made up human thing, men with that ridiculous effeminate tone of voice and females being the 'butch' one and acting all blokey in the relationship is clearly not normal, it is all a put on , why is it needed and who does it impress ?

1) No it isn't - it has been documented in animal species too. That is not an opinion, that is scientific fact.

2) Not all gay men are effiminate, and not all gay women are butch.

3) Being camp isn't the same as being gay. Plenty of people are one but not the other.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
In your rush to be offended, you are wrong. I have nothing again swearing or pedestrians.

I am easily offended :ohmy:

its not ignorance merely observation............ so its a animal state of mind then ?, ive given my opinion and your entitled to yours, however you have in your ignorance leaped at the easy bit and ignored the more difficult question ie; why the need for so called kampness- see if you can answer that rationally without getting all 'het up'

It's hard to know whether you're being serious, but I'll bite. It very much was ignorance on your part, because homosexuality and others are inherently natural accross thousands of species. It's staggering that we're in the 21st century and this is still not widely understood and accepted as scientific fact. I have gay friends, and they and their partners do not behave in the way you are suggesting so again, seems like ignorance on your part.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Ooooooerrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Looks like we got our very own NSC pet homophobe!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
its not ignorance merely observation............ so its a animal state of mind then ?, ive given my opinion and your entitled to yours, however you have in your ignorance leaped at the easy bit and ignored the more difficult question ie; why the need for so called kampness- see if you can answer that rationally without getting all 'het up'

If that bit was 'easy' why did you get it wrong? ??? Also, that's science not an opinion. Also, 'campness' is not exclusive to homosexual men and has nothing to do with sexuality.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Not my experience.

I've met many a male who naturally speaks with a voice that may give the impression they were female. I see it as 'normal' for them.

It is comments like yours that allow bullying to go unchecked and all the personal effects of that to flood in and destroy people's lives.

I'm sorry that you see the world in a pattern of absolutes and constructed role play. The reality is that things are more complex than that. But when you stop judging those complexities, especially when they have such minimal affect on you, life becomes much richer.

Just leave 'effeminate' men and 'butch' women alone. They've not done anything to you. Except, perhaps, offend your received prejudice.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Seriously, sweetheart - grow up.

You're talking about effeminacy in some men. The rest of us were talking homosexuality (which is not exclusive to humans) and homophobia (which is - as you've just proved).

It may not be normal (but then again - so what?), but it is natural. Unnatural is receiving 'treatment' - against one's will - to stop having homosexual thoughts and deeds.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This, from a thread last year, would suggest that [MENTION=24089]andy46[/MENTION] is actually about 12:

or ur just a ****** palarce Gaylord ---looked at his profile !!!!!!!!!!!
what a knob jockey I bet your breath reeks of willies

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This, from a thread last year, would suggest that [MENTION=24089]andy46[/MENTION] is actually about 12:

I feel that I have wasted a considered response upon him now. I took time over that as well.

Jan 30, 2008
Why is it acceptable to insult anyone on the grounds of their rightful and natural sexuality?
Well, what's seen as natural by some isn't always THE CASE WITH OTHERS , WHY SHOULD IT BE ??? is there a written rule that you can't object to certain things without being "offensive" ???
regards
DR

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm pretty sure Gaylord is okay to chant?

Mitch has been retired a long time now, but one might be lucky enough today to see some very fit muscular guys doing Gaylords around the bars.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well, what's seen as natural by some isn't always THE CASE WITH OTHERS , WHY SHOULD IT BE ???

That's a bit like saying 'Well, where we see the earth is round, that isn't always the case with others. Why should it be?' It's just as brainless. Those who don't see it as natural have forfeited the right to comment - because it is natural. You don't have an injection or take a pill or even get shot into space in order to claim 'I am gay'.

is there a written rule that you can't object to certain things without being "offensive" ???

No. But it's also a meaningless question in this context.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is another thread detailing a specific incident of abuse at an a at game with subsequent discussion. Having looked further into the issue I thought it would be both interesting and useful to ask how a community of football fans felt about certain chants with varying levels of intensity and severity. I did not cast my opinion about any of the chants listed. And furthermore, I suspect if one posted this on a different forum without the history or link of homophobic chanting, perhaps Sheffield Wednesday, Liverpool, Accrington Stanley-you'd get different answers.

Is this your GCSE sociology project, then, or what? Am I allowed to ask at what level of offence you become offended? If I called you a bit of a twerp, or a silly arse, or a time-wasting **** perhaps? That said, I'm not remotely interested and, frankly, who, apart from you would care? :shrug:

Apologies if I have mistaken one of the most though-provoking and contemporary NSC threads for shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here