Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Seasons Prices.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Upper west and upper east will be closed next season if we go down,reducing capacity to 23k ,therefore reducing matchday stewarding levels by 140 staff.The meeting has already been had on this .
#LEAUGEONEREADY

Would very much anger me. Hope I could get my current WSU seat back when those tiers re-open, were this scenario to happen.

SAC

May 21, 2014
The club shot themselves in the foot stating that there would be a price increase of PL football. This, for me, was absolutely shocking, a complete betrayal of all those fans who helped get the club back on its feet. I'm all for an increase for new fans but those who had a history of supporting the club should have received a price freeze as a bare minimum. Ok, it obviously didn't happen and isn't likely in the near future but the intent was there. For me, this is a prescient, and if relegated the club should reduce ticket prices.

I suspect it will be a price freeze or the travel subsidy will be taken away and the ticket price reduced in line.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If we are in league 1 I expect to pay league 1 prices.

Barber similar when he was in the midst of his Premier League Ready frenzy ie you will expect to pay more to watch Man U. He literally said this. So, taking the man at face value I will expect to pay less to watch Fleetwood.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Barber similar when he was in the midst of his Premier League Ready frenzy ie you will expect to pay more to watch Man U. He literally said this. So, taking the man at face value I will expect to pay less to watch Fleetwood.

That's about as big a misquote as it's possible to do, because he actually said that prices would not be put up at the Albion for a Man Utd home cup tie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's about as big a misquote as it's possible to do, because he actually said that prices would not be put up at the Albion for a Man Utd home cup tie.

I'm talking about league games. When he announced there would be an ST price increase should we reach the Prem, he justified it by stating one would expect to pay more to see the best teams. I'm certain most fans remember him saying this.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon that should relegation become a grim reality there will be an awful lot of people hedging their bets and opting for the, er, option of a Half Season Ticket next Xmas. :xmas:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm talking about league games. When he announced there would be an ST price increase should we reach the Prem, he justified it by stating one would expect to pay more to see the best teams. I'm certain most fans remember him saying this.

I don't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Upper west and upper east will be closed next season if we go down,reducing capacity to 23k ,therefore reducing matchday stewarding levels by 140 staff.The meeting has already been had on this .
#LEAUGEONEREADY

Upper east is mainly 1901 and the tickets are all ready fully paid up for next season. I can't see the club moving these supporters.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
If we get relegated, I expect that attendances will be below 10,000 for quite a few games.

I know this sounds stupid, considering the number of STH's we have now, but people are not stupid and are not willing to pay a premium price for sub-standard football. Quite a few people I know would not classify Brighton as their "first team" but still have a season ticket.

At present I drive to the games from either Romsey or Basingstoke, sit in WSL opposite lovely Liz Costa and pay £270 a season for parking at Sussex Uni. Although I've been a season ticket since I left university at the beginning of the Withdean Years, I would find it hard to stomach £1000/year to Watch League 1 football.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
#LEAUGEONEREADY

If this decision is true, then it smacks far more of mean-spirited, high-handed petulance, IMHO, rather than anything related to sensible cost-cutting under reduced circumstances. After all, inconveniencing and pissing off the bedrock of your support would simply seem insane beyond description, wouldn't it. Wouldn't it?

Anyway, if this is true - and I know that nothing should surprise anyone these days, given the current self-inflicted farce - but I'm still prepared to think that decisions being taken surely can't be quite THAT stupid. So, keep the faith.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
#LEAUGEONEREADY

The private seat licence holders might have something to say about that (if there are any).

If this decision is true, then it smacks far more of mean-spirited, high-handed petulance, IMHO, rather than anything related to sensible cost-cutting under reduced circumstances. After all, inconveniencing and pissing off the bedrock of your support would simply seem insane beyond description, wouldn't it. Wouldn't it?

Anyway, if this is true - and I know that nothing should surprise anyone these days, given the current self-inflicted farce - but I'm still prepared to think that decisions being taken surely can't be quite THAT stupid. So, keep the faith.

I think the last thing that the suits care about is the fans.This is purely a cost cutting exercise,if we are relegated,as seems very likely,the uppers will be closed,probably with some super dooper advertising hoarding,bit like at Huddersfield,
#LEAGUEONEREADY

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here