Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson goal

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't think magee got the best out of him. Hardly ever played him and then when he did would publicly run him down after the game. Not the best way to treat a youngster in my opinion.

It's not easy to get the bet out of someone at league level when they're only 18. His hat-trick against Huddersfield came five days after his 20th birthday. As for McGhee publicly running him down after 'hardly ever playing him'...? Fabrication.

Something that did happen more than once was Dean Wilkins would suspend him for a dressing room misdemeanour - i.e. not putting his full effort in. By his own admission, he didn't try hard enough. He's only 31 in a couple of months' time.

Jake Robinson is one of the bigger statements of a prodigious talent not fulfilling their early promise.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
It's not easy to get the bet out of someone at league level when they're only 18. His hat-trick against Huddersfield came five days after his 20th birthday. As for McGhee publicly running him down after 'hardly ever playing him'...? Fabrication.

Something that did happen more than once was Dean Wilkins would suspend him for a dressing room misdemeanour - i.e. not putting his full effort in. By his own admission, he didn't try hard enough. He's only 31 in a couple of months' time.

Jake Robinson is one of the bigger statements of a prodigious talent not fulfilling their early promise.

No Fabrication. Remember more than once driving home after a game magee said unfavorable things about him on Radio Sussex in his post match interview. I thought I had some good memory, maybe I haven't but I haven't made anything up on purpose.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Having had my greatest wish come true seeing us promoted my next one would be to see a top striker come through the ranks, fingers crossed for Connelly or Tilley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here