Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion players at the final whistle

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stocko definitely off. Normally an arm raised to the fans with a clap of applause. Pre match warm up and after game both hands waving like a little girl and there is no way he could have spotted friends and family in the crowd.

He came over to his wife, son & brother after the warm so he knew where they were.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Good. So they bloody well should be. They lapped up all the applause when they won promotion and rightly so but their next job was to secure the title. They failed bloody miserably and only have themselves to blame. Play like we did today and against Brizzle and we will get spanked every sodding game next season.

Simply put, we didn't deserve to win the title. The players got wrapped up in their own hype and I bloody well hope they learn the lesson here.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What?

He clearly waved because we were chanting his name.

So pleased to see that, I love the fact that we are a club who will applaud our player when things don't go their way, rather than fickle fans who will applaud one week and boo the next.

No idea how Stockdale contract negotiations will go, if he will stay etc, but there is no reason I can see to think he will leave, unless he gets a better offer of course.

Agree re the club and how we as fans rally round a player.

Don't agree re the waving.

He waved prior to his name and then did it with both hands when the chant when up.

Thought Sidwell's wave was a bit marked as well, normally just applauds.

Hope I'm wrong on both counts.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yeah cos it was really with the run of play wasn't it

Jesus

We should have been out of sight, no one is claiming we have played well for the last few games, some of them such as Murray look dead on their feet to me, but to say they couldn't give a shit is utter bollocks.

So we were playing today at a ground where we have never won before, against a team who have been in the top flight since 1975, and who had a centre forward who cost £15m, more than the cost of the whole of our starting XI, which was

Stockdale :£1m
Bruno :Free Transfer
Dunk :Youth team
Tomori: On loan
Pocognoli: On loan

Sidwell: Free transfer
Stephens: £750k
Knockaert £2m
Murphy £1.5m

Murray £3m
Baldock £1.5m

Total £9.75 million

and we conceded a goal from a shot in the 89th minute that went through the keeper's legs...and all of this is because the players don't give a toss?

Rightio.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
We should have been out of sight, no one is claiming we have played well for the last few games, some of them such as Murray look dead on their feet to me, but to say they couldn't give a shit is utter bollocks.

So we were playing today at a ground where we have never won before, against a team who have been in the top flight since 1975, and who had a centre forward who cost £15m, more than the cost of the whole of our starting XI, which was

Knockaert £2m
Murphy £1.5m

Murray £3m
Baldock £1.5m

Total £9.75 million

and we conceded a goal from a shot in the 89th minute that went through the keeper's legs...and all of this is because the players don't give a toss?

Rightio.

"We should have been out of sight"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In a desperate attempt to clutch some positive straws from the shitestorm that is the last 3 games, I'm going to offer up:-

'It's quite good the squad will carry some pain over into next season'.

It did them no harm 12 months ago.
You're absolutely right - that is a truly desperate attempt to clutch some positive straws from the shitestorm that is the last 3 games!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Knockaert £2m
Murphy £1.5m

Murray £3m
Baldock £1.5m

Total £9.75 million

Rightio.

Yes, but we were rubbish, weren't we. It's only after reading some of the posts on this thread and elsewhere today that I realise how wrong I have been all season, and that we are really, really lucky not to have been scrapping it out alongside Blackburn and Birmingham and Notts Forest today. Stockdale is an average Championship keeper at best apparently, nobody understands how Mr Hughton can be so negative tactically all the time, Dale Stephens is pedestrian and won't cut it in the Premier League and none of the players can give a sh1t.

We're all going to hell in a handcart........

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Good. So they bloody well should be. They lapped up all the applause when they won promotion and rightly so but their next job was to secure the title. They failed bloody miserably and only have themselves to blame. Play like we did today and against Brizzle and we will get spanked every sodding game next season.

Simply put, we didn't deserve to win the title. The players got wrapped up in their own hype and I bloody well hope they learn the lesson here.

Silly c@u,n£t

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Knockaert £2m
Murphy £1.5m

Murray £3m
Baldock £1.5m

Total £9.75 million

Rightio.

That's pretty amazing really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here