Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling Wimbledon ballot tickets

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Hi

I know its against the Wimbledon rules but has anyone done this? I won them in the ballot after trying to get them for my Mum for the last 5 years but she now cant make it.

Cheers

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I might be interested if you're looking to sell at face value?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Any touting her will result in a ban, just so we're clear. Not that I'm suggesting you are. :)

Reselling tennis tickets isn't illegal (just against organisers' rules).

Cheers but I was more thinking about do they do checks etc. Thinking of giving one to a friend and their friend to pay for the other one.

Fair enough.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Fair few tickets on Viagogo at inflated prices so take from that what you will.

Also bear in mind people hang around outside the courts to use your tickets if you've finished with them...

I think they are all debenture tickets which are allowed to be sold on but normal ticket aren't.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think they are all debenture tickets which are allowed to be sold on but normal ticket aren't.

Debenture tickets are re-sellable those won in the ballot are not debenture tickets.

Officially you cannot re-sell ballot tickets as every ticket is non-transferrable (unless within the same household). They can check at the gates and with the heightened security this year they might be more rigorous than in the past. That said my wife and daughter go most years and I don't think they have ever had to prove who they are to get in.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have court no.1 tickets for opening day, can't wait... ballot thing too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here