Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We are the party of labour"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course it does. Don't be ridiculous.

I had problems with my boss threatening me when I was off work for three months. My other half refused to pass the phone to me when she rang my house. I was covered with a sick note from the hospital at the time.
When I went back to work, I was taken into the office and asked to apologise for my husband, which I refused to do, saying he had done nothing wrong. Bullying takes place in many workplaces not just zero hours.
Another colleague broke her leg in an accident as a bus passenger. She saw the boss watching her leave her house to go for physio. As it was a public accident, she was being represented by a lawyer, who contacted our firm to threaten them with court action, if she was harassed any more.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Jeremy Hunt did though. Apparently they are great because people will work as hard as the Chinese and Americans. Unbelievable stuff. The mask has well and truly slipped from them at this conference.

It's alright though because only the poorest families will be £1,300 worst off and who cares about them RIGHT. Not the tories that's for sure.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had problems with my boss threatening me when I was off work for three months. My other half refused to pass the phone to me when she rang my house. I was covered with a sick note from the hospital at the time.
When I went back to work, I was taken into the office and asked to apologise for my husband, which I refused to do, saying he had done nothing wrong. Bullying takes place in many workplaces not just zero hours.
Another colleague broke her leg in an accident as a bus passenger. She saw the boss watching her leave her house to go for physio. As it was a public accident, she was being represented by a lawyer, who contacted our firm to threaten them with court action, if she was harassed any more.

So, your boss was a witch, acting unlawfully?

None of that is remotely relevant to this discussion as it has no bearing on the RIGHTS afforded to you by you employment contract. I suggest you join a union.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Interesting that the Murdoch media are campaigning against the tax credit cuts 5 months after monstering Milliband to an extent he became unelectable and the Tories got a majority. No doubt someone in Murdoch towers has worked out that the people affected by the tax credit cuts buy The Sun and subscribe to SKY which means that in times of hardship both will go, nothing like self interest to make someone campaign.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting that the Murdoch media are campaigning against the tax credit cuts 5 months after monstering Milliband to an extent he became unelectable and the Tories got a majority. No doubt someone in Murdoch towers has worked out that the people affected by the tax credit cuts buy The Sun and subscribe to SKY which means that in times of hardship both will go, nothing like self interest to make someone campaign.

I can't justify the expense of Sky in my house. If someone is on tax credits then perhaps Sky shouldn't be where some of their money is going (to complete your stereotyping, see also: cigarettes, strong cider and National Lottery scratch cards).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, your boss was a witch, acting unlawfully?

None of that is remotely relevant to this discussion as it has no bearing on the RIGHTS afforded to you by you employment contract. I suggest you join a union.

I was in a union at the time, but the rep was useless. Fortunately the company was taken over, & we all got made redundant.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Another colleague broke her leg in an accident as a bus passenger. She saw the boss watching her leave her house to go for physio. As it was a public accident, she was being represented by a lawyer, who coyt?ntacted our firm to threaten them with court action, if she was harassed any more.

Double post

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone been in Sports Direct in Brighton recently? The entire workforce is Spanish. Fair play to the kids swapping zero chance of a job in Spain to zero chance of a proper employment contract in the UK, but its only one step up from the sweatshop - as the company knows damn well.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I can't justify the expense of Sky in my house. If someone is on tax credits then perhaps Sky shouldn't be where some of their money is going (to complete your stereotyping, see also: cigarettes, strong cider and National Lottery scratch cards).

Perhaps they don't pay the thick end of £500 per annum for a football season ticket, and all the associated costs.

Each to their own

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Blimey and I thought the Maltese times had some really vicious political slanging matches. I won't say discussion as some on here are so extreme in their views they will not accept any arguments.
It always amazes me that Labour supporters HATE the Tories and everyone that votes for them with total disgust whereas the other side just don't agree with their views.

FFS calm down! we all support the same Football Team so do have some common ground

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Jeremy Hunt did though. Apparently they are great because people will work as hard as the Chinese and Americans. Unbelievable stuff. The mask has well and truly slipped from them at this conference.

Wow, wanting the UK to be like the Chinese where they work so hard they wish to commit suicide whilst at work and have one of the highest suicide rates in the world is indeed 'unbelievable stuff'. Almost as bad is wanting UK workers to be like the American workers who get around two weeks of annual leave per year.

The party for the aspirational is starting to deliver. Jeremy Hunt really is one of the worst of a bad bunch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wow, wanting the UK to be like the Chinese where they work so hard they wish to commit suicide whilst at work and have one of the highest suicide rates in the world is indeed 'unbelievable stuff'. Almost as bad is wanting UK workers to be like the American workers who get around two weeks of annual leave per year.

The party for the aspirational is starting to deliver. Jeremy Hunt really is one of the worst of a bad bunch.

On the plus side, I think more Tory MPs should be referred to in rhyming slang.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because they simply don't CARE. They will do what is best for them. Their big win at the polls has left them feeling untouchable - completely unafraid of bad publicity and immune to public opinion.

After weeks of toffs / privelage / silver spoon / Bullingdon Club headlines a party with any self-awareness would have given this kind of stuff some thought. Instead, they put up the Eton-educated son of a billionaire financier as the London Mayoral candidate (against Labour's son of a bus driver). They just don't care. **** the proles.

This. This. This.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sweden has the highest standard of living in Europe and also has the highest suicide rate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sweden has the highest standard of living in Europe and also has the highest suicide rate.

And is cutting the working hours of its workforce, which will hopefully correct the work-life balance and address it.

Rather than cutting benefits to its poorest, and telling them to 'be a bit more aspirational'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh OK; do Swedes commit suicide whilst at work earning next to nothing for 60 hours per week too?

I don't know why they commit suicide but the standard of living doesn't seem to have an effect. Maybe it's the long dark winter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here