Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing at half time

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Three cheers for all the idiots that think you should never boo the team and should never leave the stadium until you have clapped off all the players 5 minutes after the final whistle. Suspect their the same people that, having been served up a plateful of cockroaches for £20 a head would, when asked by the waiter if everything is fine, reply that it is perfect!!!!

The first few minutes today looked promising, two shots on target. It then went downhill rapidly. The crowd start every game getting behind the team but on a performance like that, atmosphere soon evaporates.

People pay their money and they are entitled to voice their opinion. Perhaps we could see a reaction from the players that will get the crowd going, but, let's be honest, we don't.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I would never boo the team, but it really was a shite performance though.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Several tweets suggested the booing was from WSU , not good when the posh boys start to whinge.

Happy to admit I was one. First time I have booed the Albion at The Amex. The message needs to get through. Walking out early or clapping the team off doesn't work. We have been poor for a long while. Don't mind us losing, it's when we have 20 passes with no penetration week in week out, lose the ball & the other side is clinical & scores that hacks me off. Time for a change of manager if we don't improve within the next few games, otherwise our dour form & performances will continue in the next campaign.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
It's a shame to see what has happened to our 'fans'...

Don't blame the fans, blame the fecking boring manager & his fecking boring tactics.
Thought Mike Baileys tactics were boring but this guy is the most negative & dour coach we've had.
Big shame: Crowd size box ticked, Amex facilities box ticked, Chairman box ticked, Manager OUT

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Booing is for kids at pantomimes, but each to their own ! Watching a grown man shout 'BOO' is very amusing !

Was a depressing game all the same

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I didn't boo but I swore a lot more than is permissible in the 1901. No one pulled me up as every club employee I spoke to today thought we were dire as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been SUPPORTING not just watching BHA for over 65 years and if the players are playing bad and the management are making apparent ridiculous moves with no liklehood of solving the problem, please tell me how a supporter can express his displeasure other than by booing.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
There was no planned protest before the match it was just a reaction to what some fans felt after watch the performance, I didn't boo but I did not have a problem with others doing it. It's not a one off bad performance it's becoming a pattern and people are upset and angry and a reaction is bound to happen I guess.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Booing at half time was quickly drowned out by people actually supporting their team. Booing your own team, even after a defeat, what is the point?

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
I didn't boo, because I lost my voice shouting. The worst performance I have seen in 25 years of watching Brighton. It's not losing the last 3 games it's the lack of quality and overall complete clueless individual performances. Also we defo need some new singing material. Most of our songs are so demotivating for the team. They are slow dull rubbish. Inces is so bad. Sussex by the sea puts the players to sleep and March must be thinking who came up with that ?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I hate all this, if a fan wants to boo someone or boo they can, they pay the money and the club happy to take the money, i think we as fans been very patient and havent got on the players backs at all, but the last few games we have looked a very very poor side, today we didnt even bother with effort so fans entitled to boo, i wasnt one of them at halftime but i can understand and i think people have a right to do, as you do for moaning about the booing but your acting over the top as well telling the fans to stop supporting club, at least they care enough to boo so just let people do own thing and you do yours. Easy

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
I remember watching the MA2 when slade came in - we hardly won a game all season and were odds on for relegation to League2. What I loved is that, despite a very disappointing season, the fans never booed and got behind the players. We rallied and stayed up which was fantastic. The same season I went to watch an Arsenal game as my friend is a STH there and had a spare ticket - the fans booed a 0-0 draw and I thought to myself 'I'm proud that Albion fans aren't anything like this'.

I love Falmer, the new generation of fans and the club but catalytic expansion in our fan base has come at a cost in my opinion.

I hate all this, if a fan wants to boo someone or boo they can, they pay the money and the club happy to take the money, i think we as fans been very patient and havent got on the players backs at all, but the last few games we have looked a very very poor side, today we didnt even bother with effort so fans entitled to boo, i wasnt one of them at halftime but i can understand and i think people have a right to do, as you do for moaning about the booing but your acting over the top as well telling the fans to stop supporting club, at least they care enough to boo so just let people do own thing and you do yours. Easy

I thought I was quite clear I wasn't telling people to stop supporting the club, I assumed they'd already done that, I was telling them to **** off and die. Don't tell me I don't care, that's the point. Booing is pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here