Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] What is your 1 favourite computer / console game?

It probably does, but even GTA 5 is now 5 years okd and still selling well. Testament to both games quality that they have been around for a while and still absolutely amazing games.

Skyrim is my favourite without question though. I read a brilliant review when it first came out that summarised it with the heading "Skyrim: Undeniably better than real life".
I still play Skyrim:SE

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Anyone manage to complete Grim Fandango? They recently released it back on steam so I might give it another go

Yep, classic game. Went back through it on PS4 not long ago. Still stands up - but to call it HD is a stretch, it uses all the original assets from what I can tell!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Defender in the arcade.
Rainbow island on the Amiga.
Bomberman on the Amiga.
Sensible Soccer on the Amiga.
Mario kart on Nintendo?
COD on xbox or ps3 can't remember which.

Rainbow Island is a belter, probably my favourite arcade platfomer.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
It probably does, but even GTA 5 is now 5 years okd and still selling well. Testament to both games quality that they have been around for a while and still absolutely amazing games.

Skyrim is my favourite without question though. I read a brilliant review when it first came out that summarised it with the heading "Skyrim: Undeniably better than real life".

Now if they could make an Elder Scrolls 6 or whatever instead of trying to port Skyrim to a SatNav....

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Yep, classic game. Went back through it on PS4 not long ago. Still stands up - but to call it HD is a stretch, it uses all the original assets from what I can tell!

I remember being stuck on a bit for ages where you had to drag a wheelbarrow or something over some pipes. Can't remember if i actually got past it or not!

Always loved the point and click adventure games, Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle had some great writing I think

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Having owned an original Atari 2600 Console back in the day, and stupidly having sold it some years back I was thinking about getting one again for some retro gaming action.

Has anyone on here got experience with the modern 'clones' of this console that are available now? Are they worth the bother?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Atari pong and this http://www.bloody-penguin.com/ Also played a football manager game but not sure which year it was produced. But took the Albion from then Div 3 to winning champions league )

Not much into games !

Although I did play this while I was living in Saudi in the 80s https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Raid Good practice for driving in Malta as it turned out.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Having owned an original Atari 2600 Console back in the day, and stupidly having sold it some years back I was thinking about getting one again for some retro gaming action.

Has anyone on here got experience with the modern 'clones' of this console that are available now? Are they worth the bother?
The Atari Flashbacks are supposed to be fine as long as you avoid the first one which was actually a Nintendo on a Chip which emulated the Atari. The Flashback 2 actually has pinouts that mean that a cartridge port could be added but they cost a fortune now. I think the later Flashbacks are the same technology though - the included games will probably guide you as to which one. But definitely avoid the original.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
when my kids were young, I used to help them out on Super Mario World on the SNES.

Ended up getting hooked myself.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has to be Galaxian, at the sit-down console in the Liverpool Arms, Haywards Heath. It only had four levels, and it's the only game I ever managed to complete. The level 4 docking of the mothership was positively ORGASMIC! :love:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Growing up i used to enjoy a game called Little Big Adventure 2 (never had 1). As a result of this thread i have found out that this game is available to download on Steam. That's my spare time sorted for the foreseeable.

Will be well dated now, i'm sure.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Defender

I used to love this game although strictly not a console game at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdUlS_cSMoE

I remember going on holiday to a campsite in the South of France in August 1980 (I know this, because we played out inaugural 1st Division game v Arsenal whilst I was there) and we worked out that a 2p piece was close to the same size as a 10 Franc coin (worth 10 credits) and if you span it in the coin slot the Defender game accepted them.

We went round the campsite exchanging 10ps for 2p pieces to keep us in credits.

I love the sounds mix of the game - and it's a great game to play.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
ping-pong-run-app-1-621x375.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here