Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we beat Arsenal are we as good as safe?

If we beat Arsenal are we as good as safe?

• Yes!

Votes: 164 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 137 39.7%
  • There's not been enough polls of late, thanks for remedying that

Votes: 44 12.8%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No, but it would really boost confidence.

I hope we at least have a go

Last edited:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If we beat Arsenal I'd say we would stay up as the confidence on and off the pitch would be so high.

Obviously we need to beat them first but on current form this is our best opportunity to nick points off the top six.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we beat Arsenal, I am so tuning in to Arsenal "Fam" TV. They'd be in proper meltdown!

All while scrolling through Piers Morgan's Twitter feed

Roddy

Feb 14, 2005
Back in the 2004/2005 season, we were in 15th place, 10 points clear of the third bottom team with 11 games to go. I remember thinking we were as good as safe. We stayed up on the last day of the season by drawing at home with Ipswich.

Now, I know that was the Championship, different teams, different circumstances, etc., etc., but, for me, it means it'll take more than three points on Sunday to even begin to think we might be safe.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The rewards for finishing higher in the Prem
image.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
For the first time this season we will be ahead of the original target of 36 points. Target has gone up to 39 points now, so we still wouldn't even be ahead of target.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We will NEVER be safe.

tlPi4rA.gif

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think so, yes. We would surely pick up the few more points needed to confirm survival from our remaining nine games.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If we can continue our current form of winning at home and drawing away for the next 3 league games then I think we would be safe, so it would go a long way to safety. What a dream safe by the end of March.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
We would still need some more points to be safe,my problem is I have a feeling Arsenal are going to come out with all guns blazing on Sunday,they have something to prove

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully Arsenal are now focusing on their game in Milan on Thursday.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No, but it would really boost confidence.

I hope we at least have a go

I hope we don't show them too much respect. Be wary but be confident and hope Arsenal aren't looking for somebody to take things out on.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
No, not yet.
A win would be fantastic, a draw would be fine.
Still think we will need at least 38, but if we keep playing the way we have we should get those before long.
All about focus, staying strong and recognising we belong here now #together

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No, not yet.
A win would be fantastic, a draw would be fine.
Still think we will need at least 38, but if we keep playing the way we have we should get those before long.
All about focus, staying strong and recognising we belong here now #together

I would be a lot happier with 40+. There are a few clubs well drilled in dragging themselves out of trouble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would be a lot happier with 40+. There are a few clubs well drilled in dragging themselves out of trouble.

As Sunderland and now West Brom are proving it's a drill that can't go on indefinitely.
Stoke have to be prime candidates for the next 'too big to go down' team, it's just a shame palace aren't a big club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here