Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Proper Darts

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Durrant is class, along with Scott Waites on his day. But the BDO World champion would be an also-ran in the PDC - ranked around #12. What's happened to James Wade? He's terrible now.

A few friends and I were talking about this we think James Wade has become bored and disinterested in the game, he should quit. Chizzy and Jackpot have got too fat and complacent too, they are both on borrowed time.

The BDO should really not be on tv, it is dire.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.png
I thought the thread was about the group Darts one of the group sits in the WSU :rock:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Watching the BDO Youth Final while eating lunch, the first three legs saw checkouts of 87, 156 and 170 - I think most of the adult players in the competition would be jealous of those.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
According to Twitter, Noppert is going over to the PDC.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
According to Twitter, Noppert is going over to the PDC.

Not surprising, Durrant is the interesting one. A bit of 'will he, won't he'. I think Waites will stay with BDO for the foreseeable.

I can see Mitchell/Montgomery/McGeeney going over to PDC at some point.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a match between Jim Williams and Conne Whitehead.

A deciding set, 180's were flying in everywhere and the finishing was exciting. Still needed more darts to end the legs but for any knockers of the BDO, this was a classic encounter that shows that this version is still alive and kicking.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Not surprising, Durrant is the interesting one. A bit of 'will he, won't he'. I think Waites will stay with BDO for the foreseeable.

I can see Mitchell/Montgomery/McGeeney going over to PDC at some point.

If Durrant wins his quarter-final he can't join the PDC as he's contractually obliged to return to the Lakeside next year.

Pile some cash on Williams so Durrant can switch codes? Could be interesting........

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
If Durrant wins his quarter-final he can't join the PDC as he's contractually obliged to return to the Lakeside next year.

Pile some cash on Williams so Durrant can switch codes? Could be interesting........

Just reading up about Durrant and basically, he can still join PDC but would need to invited with a tour card and Barry Hearn has already said he wouldn't but you never know.

He does really want to go to PDC but would he lose on purpose?

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
The best player to have played on the BDO stage this week is that Junior Dutch Champion ... he would probably have won the mens playing like he was earlier.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The best player to have played on the BDO stage this week is that Junior Dutch Champion ... he would probably have won the mens playing like he was earlier.
I think Anastasia Dobromyslova would give plenty of the BDO men a run for their money too on current form - she's through to the Women's Semi Finals and is yet to even drop a leg in her two wins.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I think Anastasia Dobromyslova would give plenty of the BDO men a run for their money too on current form - she's through to the Women's Semi Finals and is yet to even drop a leg in her two wins.

She did play in the men's a few years back didn't she? Might have even been in pdc

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A few friends and I were talking about this we think James Wade has become bored and disinterested in the game, he should quit. Chizzy and Jackpot have got too fat and complacent too, they are both on borrowed time.

The BDO should really not be on tv, it is dire.

Wade too busy enjoying married life these days . Lives in his unassuming house near to where he grew up,drinks in the same Pub in Aldershot with the same lads he played Darts with. Never got flash and is still the same approachable lad he always was.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

She did play in the men's a few years back didn't she? Might have even been in pdc

And the first player she played (and beat) on the PDC tour was.. my mate Andy :lol:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

The commentator said his three dart average in the youth final would have been the 7th best in the whole of the First Round of the Adult competition.

If he's doing that at 17, he will be in the PDC by 22 having already won the BDO at least once.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
How many match darts has Baetens missed?

Can't believe that! Haha!

Had Waites in my acca, PaddyPower cocked up and still offered me full stake back on cash out when he was 2-0 down. Cashed out, placed the same acca but with Baetens. :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here