Dunk
Bong

Murphy
Sidwell
Stephens
Knockaert

Murray
Baldock

Get it won then look at saving a few players legs again hopefully.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm struggling to understand why there isn't much love for Norwood starting v Cardiff.

He's hardly started so is fresh, and judging by his inch perfect passing display v QPR he's clearly just getting into his stride.

Not only do I expect him to start (Sidwell will deffo start for one of them in the 'don't lose' game v Fulham) I'll be wagering on us to see one or 2 of these:-

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Solly is being brought back carefully, as CH indicated in his post match comments. He will be on the bench v Cardiff and Murphy is likely to replace him. Goldson could replace Dunk, although unlikely and Sidwell could replace Norwood. When a game still needs to be won ( unlike QPR ), CH will want our four big headers of the ball ( Dunk, Duffy, Murray and Hemed ) all on at the same time. Teams will find it very difficult to defend against this power, as Birmingham found out. Hemed took out the key man and left space for Murray, whilst others were trying to pick up the two centre backs. It is a formidable proposition.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Cardiff:

Stockdale
Bruno* Duffy Dunk Bong
Knockaert* Sidwell Norwood March
Murray* Murphy
* early substitutions to keep 'fresh"

Fulham:

Stockdale
Bruno Duffy Dunk Pocognoli
Knockaert Stephens Sidwell Skalak
Murray Baldock

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
If anyone honestly thinks AK and GM will not start then they are deluded. Tomorrow is a tough game and those two are our Main match winners. Both will start along with the other 9 from QPR. Maybe a change in midfield with SS coming in.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Interesting thing for me is will CH play Goldson in preparation for Dunk's inevitable ban? It would mean Dunk avoids suspension for Fulham and could pick up a yellow there and be banned for MKDons in cup and Preston away.

Otherwise it's looking very likely we may not have him for Fulham or any 2 out of Massive/Toon/Hudds.

Think this is what will happen. Goldson could do with game time as Dunk WILL be suspended. Give Connor a game on Friday, Dunk back in at Fulham. Chances are he'll get booked anyway, if not, it's not hard to twist the refs arm.

You'd deliberately weaken our back four for a must-win home game, to prepare for a future game? Absolute nonsense.

Thats just daft! It turns a two game ban into a three game ban. He just needs to keep his nose clean against Cardiff, then get the yellow against Fulham. Goldson has the cup game in preparation for the Preston game.

I don't think you'll see any 'gerrymandering' of Dunk's yellow card situation. Whatever will be will be. Obviously you'd expect him to sit out the cup match so ideally the ban spans that one, but beyond that, they're all tough. Everyone seems to 'want' him to miss Preston away - a side who have two giants in Hughill and Makiniok up front, and whose strength in the air cost us two points in the home game.

Much better that Dunk just works hard to gets as few cards as possible - not deliberately pick one up now to choose the timing of his ban, and thus bringing forward the likely THREE match ban for reaching 15.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Only possible change will be Murphy for March, which might be a good one given how Cardiff will sit deep, as it will give the possibility of a double-substitution on the hour-mark with Hemed and March coming on for Baldock and Murphy if we're not winning by that point, which will give Solly the chance to get to the byline and demonstrate his vastly improved composure and decision-making by picking out one of our big guys with a delightful cross.
I suspect we'll need Sidwell to start against Fulham, but can't see too many other changes for that game either. [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] has it spot on about Dunk.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
My worry about Sidwell is that he plays best following a run in the side and therefore if we're going to deploy him v Fulham as an enforcer we need him to play tomorrow.

I also think his style is better suited to the type of game tomorrow than Norwood who won't get as much time on the ball in space as he did Tuesday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can see Murphy in for March and Sidwell for Norwood. Otherwise the side that started v QPR. We definitely need one of the flair players starting, resting Knocky at Cardiff didn't work out at all well and we looked much more dangerous when he came on.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Murphy in for march only change and then swap them for Fulham too. No other changes unless dunk gets booked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I think it'll be Murphy for March, and possibly Sidders for Norwood.

Given that we have another match in a few days time, I wouldn't be surprised to see CH rotate things a little more than this though. But given last time out ended up with a 30 minute training session to end the match, the lads should still have plenty in the tank.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lee Peltier will kick the f..k out of who ever he marks, literally, on our left so protect March then tell Dunk to get booked at Fulham in the 89th minute for dissent, just kick the ball away. Problem solved as regards his ban he would miss cup game or be rested and PNE away who have no big men with Beckford out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here