Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Restaurant meals are higher calories than fast food outlets

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes we are. . . . It's the scale of little and time frames which need recallibrating with some fat f***ers

I eat what I want when I want, likewise drink . . . . But I also have proper clothes, scales and lead an active lifestyle, it really is that simple. I do reign it in and blow it out from time to time . . .

Having said that the simplicity of some people is utterly staggering. Being poor is no excuse, being busy is no excuse and having an entire wardrobe from Sports direct should really be illegal!

Are we not allowed a little treat from time to time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes we are. . . . It's the scale of little and time frames which need recallibrating with some fat f***ers

I eat what I want when I want, likewise drink . . . . But I also have proper clothes, scales and lead an active lifestyle, it really is that simple. I do reign it in and blow it out from time to time . . .

Having said that the simplicity of some people is utterly staggering. Being poor is no excuse, being busy is no excuse and having an entire wardrobe from Sports direct should really be illegal!

Hmmmm. Maybe you should take a bit more of an interest in your diet?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’d like to meet the man who goes into a McDonalds and examines the calorie chart.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
wonder what the calorie count of the Market Diner Gutbuster was............not that i give a ####

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The study that purports to describe children’s exercise for example is a 300 child study with no details on how the sample was randomised or corroborated and no meta analysis results of other supporting studies. Plus they were looking at diabetes and not exercise as a primary study - something Monbiot doesn’t mention at all. In other words he’s cherry picked it.
And he used that cherry picked study on children as an example of how much exercise the population as a whole does. The article is just nonsense.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I do subscribe to the whole more calories in vs calories burned = fat argument, BUT it isn't absolutely clear cut as I've learned living in Japan for 10 years. There are literally thousands of tiny little waif like Japanese girls here making a mockery out of science (my wife being one of them). I've seen girls at all-you-can-eat pizza places scoffing down over 20 slices when I (with reasonable middle-aged midriff) can only manage 8 or 9. I recently had an all-you-can-eat indoor meat barbecue that nearly killed me and had one of my little J-friends declare they were still hungry and going for sushi afterwards. Quite unbelievable. There's tons of vids on youtube showing Japanese eating contests. They are nearly always won by some tiny little girl with a TARDIS for a stomach.

Here's one of them winning an eating contest after wolfing down 22 plates (8.8 KILOGRAMS) of curry......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FChZ3AboXSQ

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I tend to go for chicken tikka and rice, but sometimes I fancy something with sauce. How many calories do each of their dishes with sauce have?

Few examples here......add a naan bread and rice and 4 pints and you’ve easily done your daily allowance[emoji106][emoji106]

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Health experts say meals should not exceed 600 calories,

Good for them, i suggest the nanny state open a chain of restaurants where their meals dont exceed 600 calories and advertise the fact
People who dont know when to stop eating will have somewhere to go

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
- The box it up take it home mentality - which we frequently do so 1 meals turns into 2.

I really wish more people would do this. Mrs W and I often take stuff away ..... many people seem to embaressed to ask though. In parts of France it's the law that restuarants offer the ability to take left food away.

I hate the waste I see in many restuarants in this country just because people won't ask. You've bloody well paid for it so it's yours to take away !

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Few examples here......add a naan bread and rice and 4 pints and you’ve easily done your daily allowance[emoji106][emoji106]

Is that next? The calorific value of alcohol. It's not called a beer belly for nothing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Prawn cocktail, steak and chips with mushroom cream sauce and 4 slices of buttered white, creme brûlée, 6 Irish coffees and a kebab and chips on the way home to keep my strength up before my bedtime pack of digestives and two scoops of tutti fruity, quick bulb of brandy and some Stilton. Cigar to aid digestion, quick whiskey , couple of Rennies and off to bed. Repeat 5 times a week.
Prawn cocktail? What is this 1986? :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
*awaits thundering herd of ‘thyroid issue’ sufferers to wade in* [emoji23][emoji23]
I don't want to fat shame people, just as I wouldn't want to shame people for their addiction to cigarettes or alcohol, or any other vice. What I am against, however, is pretending that there's nothing we can do about our vices. Pretending that we get fat because of genetics or an under-active thyroid is bullshit, and could stop someone from improving their health (should they wish to).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here