Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] £1.75m for 2500 sq ft house in Roedean . Estate agents been drinking !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
2500 is good size but it's not massive. Roedean is just before Rottingdean way out of town. Surely it should be much cheaper to live that far out ?

I think the agent is just trying it on

You seem to have a serious bee in your bonnet about this property. Are you the estate agent they didn't give the instruction to?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What about Hill Drive, corner of Hill Brow as much as 1m over priced imho [emoji23]

Hill Drive, Brighton And Hove, East Sussex
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-76988453.html

I’m not justifying that, but ad hoc houses (not lookalike rows) always carry a huge premium in that part of Brighton and Hove. There’s no direct comparison for buyers to benchmark against, and wealthy incomers from London and Surrey think it value. In addition, many wealthy Russians have bought homes in that area this decade. All driving prices up.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
No I'm not an estate agent. Just find it amusing that an estate agent can over value property by so much. All the houses sold in Roedean at that price are much bigger. So I think the agents breen Vaughn have got the price hopelessly wrong. You only have to look at the sold prices on rightmove to see that

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I Agree the hill drive house is another way off any of the comparables on rightmove sold prices . About £1m out !

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not derogatory but being realistic who wants to spend that sort of money and live next to social housing if you have the choice of living anywhere in Brighton and hove

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£1.75m seems about right to me. Big house, well looked after, big garden, and (most importantly) a cracking sea view.

and that explains why the OP didn't provide a link.

Although I will say, 'what's the point of that swimming 'pool'.

That slide is really taking the pi$$ as well, Lil Miss Stat had a Playmobile set the pool was exactly the same and quite probably the same size.

If you can't afford a proper Olympic sized pool with at least 3 flumes don't bother and build a snooker room.

#Mugs.

Edit -

Yep thought so - minutes of fun

$_86.JPG

Last edited:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not derogatory but being realistic who wants to spend that sort of money and live next to social housing if you have the choice of living anywhere in Brighton and hove

Wilson's avenue is in Whitehawk, but those homes are not social housing. If you don't want to live anywhere near a council estate, why would you look at properties in a city anyway.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Good point. I just meant there are much nicer areas of the city to live in than Roedean. Anyway I don't have any axe to grind, I just thought the price v the size was ludicrous but we shall see. Close thread please . I don't want to bore everyone. Nervous for Saturday! I think Leicester will see a lot of the ball, let's hope they don't do much with it !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wilson's avenue is in Whitehawk, but those homes are not social housing. If you don't want to live anywhere near a council estate, why would you look at properties in a city anyway.

There are houses in Wilson Avenue costing £500K.
There are also some lovely families living in social housing. It just goes to show who the snobs are on here.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The particulars have Varndean/Stringer listed as the nearest secondary schools. That’s not right, is it?

Had my house valued a few years back, it was listed as a sea view in the broacher, when I asked about it I was told that if you looked out of the front bedroom window just between the houses opposite you can see the sea, about the size of a postage stamp. Yes in Whitehawk houses do have sea views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here