Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Can UK Trains Actually Get Any More Rubbish?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Another working day, another whole TRANCHE of the country advised not to travel :rolleyes:

I'm disappointed that there hasn't been a rant from [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] about it - he must be mellowing

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I came back into Southend airport yesterday. No trains to Central - because of engineering.
Bus replacement on my local line in Kent as well - engineering.

I know they have to work at some point - but it's become part of life on the trains now.

I think my brother summed it up nicely: we have one of the worst railway systems in the
world, but one of the best rail replacement systems.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Generally speaking South Western Railway in to Waterloo works well, so there is a huge amount of potential for this to get significantly more rubbish than it is currently.

I did say there was room for worsening service into Waterloo. Today was a bit of a one-off though (hopefully).

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Just wait until February 2019 when the Brighton to London line is closed for 9 (NINE) full days in a row and will be operating a rail replacement service

I was on the first and last train to make it to Waterloo this morning before chaos struck.....that was the 5.29am train......the next train was not until after 9.30am......utter chaos

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Had no problems with Virgin up North.

Guaranteed seat and no delays.... complete opposite of Southern rail

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills