Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Advice please from anyone with a personal link to a sports club in Sussex (and beyond)

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Been working with GB Olympians and professional football, rugby and cricket professionals for six years now delivering experience days which have raised just shy of £450K for good causes, but equally important retailers (such as Virgin Experiences) have grossed £197K through selling them. So, we have credentials.

The athletes are trying to engage sports clubs to get a slice of this retail money, and through simply the club (and their members) sharing social media posts containing their exclusive code, any purchase made from anywhere in the UK, will generate £25-£70 per sale to club (the experiences have different price points).

There is no cost involved, and clubs can even sell places and us invoice them if that makes it any easier.

By the time you have read this, a club could have shared several such posts, so why, wise people of NSC is this falling on deaf ears?

What advice do you have to engage those supposedly in charge of club finances?

All advice, abuse etc gratefully received.

Jul 7, 2003
I would suggest contacting the different leagues and asking if they would be happy to pass on your details to the club secretaries (treasurers details are not always available).

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Isn’t advertising a cost? Voucher Code Legacy 300

Not sure I understand? The athletes and myself were just looking at clubs etc using their normal communications...or if I am doing some cheeky advertising many apologies but genuinely want to see the money that goes to Mr Branson et al, go into sports clubs.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm involved with one local sports club and know that treasurers/secretaries are frequently contacted by bodies that promise funds for no investment. There's a lot of cynicism about them though as the promised rewards never materialise. My guess is that treasurers are getting more sceptical about them

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm involved with one local sports club and know that treasurers/secretaries are frequently contacted by bodies that promise funds for no investment. There's a lot of cynicism about them though as the promised rewards never materialise. My guess is that treasurers are getting more sceptical about them

Indeed. And with all due respect, I can't imagine Billy is doing this out of the goodness of his own heart. He'll have bills to pay etc like most others.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I had dinner last night with a mate who happens to be CEO of a Premiership rugby club, and mentioned the OP’s post. His response: “Someone else who’s promising me a free lunch then...”

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Indeed. And with all due respect, I can't imagine Billy is doing this out of the goodness of his own heart. He'll have bills to pay etc like most others.

Indeed, each purchase covers what is required to deliver said experience day and that includes keeping the business going, but on top of that the Athletes have generated £450K and retailers are adding their mark up, and its this mark up we would love to see go into sports clubs.
[MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] I get the cynicism, and in fact would love it if like ALL the good causes before them, the clubs sold the places directly, kept the profits and then we invoiced them for places sold, and it maybe the way forward, though then of course the officials complain about the workload :)

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Isn’t advertising a cost? Voucher Code Legacy 300

Indeed , has the OP paid his £50 ? His post reads like an advert. A chancer flogging a scam. I can poke up with banner ads and the odd pop up cos it pays for NSC but these threads are a disgrace.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Indeed , has the OP paid his £50 ? His post reads like an advert. A chancer flogging a scam. I can poke up with banner ads and the odd pop up cos it pays for NSC but these threads are a disgrace.

Happy to pay for an Advert.Please delete if in flagrant violation.

If you look at Facebook Legacy 300 check out the photo albums for the last five years of events, difficult to fake and if people think its a scam not much I can do (see reply about clubs selling places themselves) so I am well happy to see retailers to continue to take the money that could be going into sports clubs.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Happy to pay for an Advert.Please delete if in flagrant violation.

If you look at Facebook Legacy 300 check out the photo albums for the last five years of events, difficult to fake and if people think its a scam not much I can do (see reply about clubs selling places themselves) so I am well happy to see retailers to continue to take the money that could be going into sports clubs.

No offence but investing in something on NSC is the online equivalent of a stranger in a pub sidling up to you and saying "Oi, Geez, got an absolute rock solid on the 3.30 at Aintree, give me your money and I'll pop down the bookies for you".

It's a no from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here