Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes, I have a leave-voting friend in London who also has no problem with freedom of movement. Who knows, there could be hundreds of Leave voters across the country who also have no problem.

Plenty of the leavers living in the Spanish Costa's that didn't have an issue with it, until they realised Brexit wasn't the same as what they'd read in their air freighted copies of the Express...

D

Deleted member 22389

Not true, it depends on the deal. Norway have it and are not in the eu. The referendum ONLY mentions leaving the eu. It does not specify what parts of it we should keep. We can keep EVERYTHING and still respect the result of the referendum.

They probably had to accept that as part of the deal.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Coo,getting a bit nasty on here,didn't Cor-bin give you enough free unicorns?So I'm getting slagged by some clown who thinks Turkey isn't next to Syria,and Chile has floated off mid-ocean.A slightly lesser clown who thinks Floella Benjamin came here on a ship that sank 7 years previously,a dope who resigned from Labour when they've got the best chance of being elected for donkey's years,and somebody who thought Merkel was East German when she was born in Hamburg.What a bunch of idiots!:D

Merkles family moved to the East when she was 3 months old. Are you saying she was a West German? What passport did she carry? West German? If not,, then youre just being a stupid ****. Again.

D

Deleted member 22389

Can't admit the truth I see. Typical.

Not at all. I have been out and just got back in. One of the reasons I voted Leave was to end free movement, and the only way you can do that is by leaving the EU. To truly deliver the referendum result we have to Leave. Leave does actually mean Leave. We will never agree on this, our views are too far apart so I'm going to leave it at that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not at all. I have been out and just got back in. One of the reasons I voted Leave was to end free movement, and the only way you can do that is by leaving the EU. I'm not wrong on this one.

You are wrong though. It is a simple statement of fact that [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] is making, and he's right.

As you rightly state - you voted to LEAVE, for various reasons, including to end FOM. That's fine - but what you absolutely didn't do is cast a vote to 'End freedom of movement'. That wasn't a poll option. As various others have confirmed, such as [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] above, they voted Leave, but wanted to retain FOM. They ticked the same box as you did.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thats simply not true, I don’t believe all second referendumers who want a vote on the deal are undemocratic loons,dont think [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] does either,but that is up to him to verify. those that believe for example amongst them Len McCluskey that another vote should exclude a remain option and should focus on how we Leave, are not undemocratic or loony at all……….can you spot the difference to undemocratic weasel loons like you yet?
Thanks for misrepresenting what I have said…….yet again.

Ooo oo I think I might know this one ... is it undemocratic loons who have been calling for a second (stay leave) referendum as soon as the result didn't go their way compared to people who want a vote to make sure the largest democratic event in Uk history is respected and the type of Brexit they voted for enacted?

The Impster ... misrepresenting other peoples opinions... shirley not :wink:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It is not about views or about why you voted leave, it is about delivering the referendum result. That result was to leave and, therefore, retaining free movement etc and leaving the eu delivers this.
How can you disagree on that?

I assume if we had voted to stay in the EU and the government then immediately decided to opt out of the single market .. customs union ... end reciprocal rights for EU/UK citizens, that would be ok then? After all, you only voted to stay .. not how we should stay. :p

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I assume if we had voted to stay in the EU and the government then immediately decided to opt out of the single market .. customs union ... end reciprocal rights for EU/UK citizens, that would be ok then? After all, you only voted to stay .. not how we should stay. :p

Even as a Brexiteer, I know this is nonsense. Being a member of the EU means that you have to accept the single market and freedom of movement. On the other hand, it's perfectly possible to vote leave and accept the single market and freedom of movement.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is interesting - a bit of a blow to all these people who insist the only people who want a second referendum are Labour (it's an invite sent to Tories attending the annual conference).

"On Monday 1st October, Conservatives for a People’s Vote will be holding an event for Conservative minded people to come together and make the case for a People’s Vote. The event will be held at the Novotel Hotel in Birmingham between 1pm and 2pm in the Wedgewood Suite. Justine Greening MP, Phillip Lee MP and Neil Carmichael will be among the excellent speakers. This is outside of the secure area, so you do not require a conference pass to attend.

This event has been organised by our friends at Conservatives for a People’s Vote and represents a great way to show support for those Conservatives who have been brave enough to speak out in the national interest and back a People’s Vote.

Thank you for your continued support.

Best wishes

Stephen Dorrell
Former Conservative Secretary of State,
Leading Supporter of the People’s Vote campaign
"

(I should add that I'm just forwarding it, I'm not endorsing a second referendum, I think it's a terrible idea)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Even as a Brexiteer, I know this is nonsense. Being a member of the EU means that you have to accept the single market and freedom of movement. On the other hand, it's perfectly possible to vote leave and accept the single market and freedom of movement.

Yes obviously .. ever heard of exaggerating to make the point? It is probable that we will only be leaving on terms decided by the people that lost .. which would be similar to staying in on terms decided by Boris, Mogg and Gove.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Yes obviously .. ever heard of exaggerating to make the point? It is probable that we will only be leaving on terms decided by the people that lost .. which would be similar to staying in on terms decided by Boris, Mogg and Gove.

From that, I assume you think the outcome would have been different if Boris, Mogg and Gove had been leading the negotiations/government?

And wasn't it exaggerations (lies) that got us into this clusterf*** in the first place

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It is very enlightening that brexiteers say that they want to leave the eu and it has nothing to do with immigration and yet cant accept the Norway model and keeping freedom of movement. It really highlights them for what they are.

I have no problem with a Norway option. It's not what I'd have wanted at the start of the process but given that the government has made a complete horlicks of the whole process, I'd settle for Norway right now.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ooo oo I think I might know this one ... is it undemocratic loons who have been calling for a second (stay leave) referendum as soon as the result didn't go their way compared to people who want a vote to make sure the largest democratic event in Uk history is respected and the type of Brexit they voted for enacted?

The Impster ... misrepresenting other peoples opinions... shirley not :wink:

Congratulations. You are the first person to be taken in by the latest of Pasta's doomed ventures into smarty-pants semantics.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Footy Genius - You backed the wrong horse fella. It's pitiful watching you come back on this thread frankly. Brexit means Brexit -.................. **** off. We're all done for, frankly.

Sucking up to pasta - give it a rest. Lincoln Imp has more knowledge in his rolling eyes that you two numpties ever would. :rolleyes:

Me? I despair - utterly despair - at the state of this country.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Footy Genius - You backed the wrong horse fella. It's pitiful watching you come back on this thread frankly. Brexit means Brexit -.................. **** off. We're all done for, frankly.

Sucking up to pasta - give it a rest. Lincoln Imp has more knowledge in his rolling eyes that you two numpties ever would. :rolleyes:

Me? I despair - utterly despair - at the state of this country.

Leave it then if it's that bad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here