Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
The main thing, as brexiteers and the PM keep saying, is the deliver the result of the referendum. The Norway model does that. The referendum result does not mention stopping abiding by eu rules and paying in or anything, just leaving.
another day dreamer .:lolol:
regards
DR

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Come up with a sensible deal that works for the EU and our parliamentary representatives and we won't need another vote.

Until pretty recently I've been lukewarm on the idea, but its looking like the Tories have completely failed the country. Appointing a Minister for Food Supplies just shows how pathetic the situation has become

P.S - All British nationals in Europe should be allowed to vote and EU nationals that have resided here for >15 years.

I have lived in the EU for around 4.5 years. If I would get a such a vote why shouldn't an EU National who has lived in the UK for the same amount of time?

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
They are still subject to free movement of people.

That wasn't on the ballot slip :shrug:

You may want it, but that wasn't what was voted for. (I may have mentioned at the time, and very occasionally since, that you didn't know what you were voting for :lolol:)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That wasn't on the ballot slip :shrug:

You may want it, but that wasn't what was voted for. (I may have mentioned at the time, and very occasionally since, that you didn't know what you were voting for :lolol:)

Point to me on the referendum question where it mentions free movement.

Bexiteers: Waaah. People are insulting us by claiming the vote was all about immigration.
Everyone else: Let's face it - it IS what a load of people were voting for - to close our borders.
Brexiteers: How do you know what people voted for? It was all about sovereignty for me, personally (says EVERY one of them).

Brexiteers: Waaah. Leaving the EU, under the Norway model absolutely does NOT deliver the referendum result, because of freedom of movement.

:shrug:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Well, yes, that's a sensible suggestion, if we absolutely can't avoid a second referendum (although actually we've had a second referendum; the first was in 1975 - the third one should be in forty years time too). I'm sure though that all the remainers delighted by the option of a referendum with three options will be seeing it as a way to split the leave vote so that Westminster and Whitehall can weasel their way to getting a 'right' decision.

Well then I suppose we could have two Remain options - one for conventional membership and one for a wonderful special deal involving rebates and opt-outs.

I don't know if it is needed though - the last poll I saw on this showed Remain matching the two Leave options added together, and that was before the Salzburg shambles.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brexiteers: How do you know what people voted for? It was all about sovereignty for me, personally (says EVERY one of them).

That's totally untrue. I said quite categorically before the referendum and straight afterwards that I have no problem with freedom of movement (I've repeated that several times on this thread).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's totally untrue. I said quite categorically before the referendum and straight afterwards that I have no problem with freedom of movement (I've repeated that several times on this thread).

Hi [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION]

Read again, what I wrote. For some like yourself, it was never about borders, etc. My point is that, if you believe what you read / hear, nobody seemed to want to admit that for them, it was. Despite it being utterly apparent, that for many, that was indeed the case.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Coo,getting a bit nasty on here,didn't Cor-bin give you enough free unicorns?So I'm getting slagged by some clown who thinks Turkey isn't next to Syria,and Chile has floated off mid-ocean.A slightly lesser clown who thinks Floella Benjamin came here on a ship that sank 7 years previously,a dope who resigned from Labour when they've got the best chance of being elected for donkey's years,and somebody who thought Merkel was East German when she was born in Hamburg.What a bunch of idiots!:D

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Yes, I have a leave-voting friend in London who also has no problem with freedom of movement. Who knows, there could be hundreds of Leave voters across the country who also have no problem.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hi [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION]

Read again, what I wrote. For some like yourself, it was never about borders, etc. My point is that, if you believe what you read / hear, nobody seemed to want to admit that for them, it was. Despite it being utterly apparent, that for many, that was indeed the case.

Certainly a Tory voting leavers argument (that we know and has since fallen on hard times) was effectively this despite the fancy words used.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes, I have a leave-voting friend in London who also has no problem with freedom of movement. Who knows, there could be hundreds of Leave voters across the country who also have no problem.

Plenty of the leavers living in the Spanish Costa's that didn't have an issue with it, until they realised Brexit wasn't the same as what they'd read in their air freighted copies of the Express...

D

Deleted member 22389

Not true, it depends on the deal. Norway have it and are not in the eu. The referendum ONLY mentions leaving the eu. It does not specify what parts of it we should keep. We can keep EVERYTHING and still respect the result of the referendum.

They probably had to accept that as part of the deal.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Coo,getting a bit nasty on here,didn't Cor-bin give you enough free unicorns?So I'm getting slagged by some clown who thinks Turkey isn't next to Syria,and Chile has floated off mid-ocean.A slightly lesser clown who thinks Floella Benjamin came here on a ship that sank 7 years previously,a dope who resigned from Labour when they've got the best chance of being elected for donkey's years,and somebody who thought Merkel was East German when she was born in Hamburg.What a bunch of idiots!:D

Merkles family moved to the East when she was 3 months old. Are you saying she was a West German? What passport did she carry? West German? If not,, then youre just being a stupid ****. Again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here