Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
try to keep up simpleton, we have just established there should only be a peoples vote when the trade is finalised......im sure you agree.......only a cretin would want a peoples vote before trade was finalised
Now I'm with you there. My beef was with you accusing him of being stupid because he didn't understand the question being asked. He clearly did, as he'd already given you an answer.

BTW, if there is no deal with the EU, this country is going to the dogs unless we get a chance to vote on it (and stop it, obviously).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Now I'm with you there. My beef was with you accusing him of being stupid because he didn't understand the question being asked. He clearly did, as he'd already given you an answer.

BTW, if there is no deal with the EU, this country is going to the dogs unless we get a chance to vote on it (and stop it, obviously).

No he didnt understand it, he gave a wrong answer

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No he didnt understand it, he gave a wrong answer

No he didn't. Look at my post. The bit in bold answers the question you then asked after calling him stupid. If I'm missing something, please tell me what it is - otherwise you're looking stupid yet again.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No he didn't. Look at my post. The bit in bold answers the question you the asked after calling him stupid. If I'm missing something, please tell me what it is - otherwise you're looking stupid yet again.

He wants a vote on the finalised concluded trade deal with the EU and .before we leave The EU.............this is what you are missing.......it is impossible .......astonishing so many of you dont understand this

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He wants a vote on the finalised concluded trade deal with the EU and .before we leave The EU.............this is what you are missing.......it is impossible .......astonishing so many of you dont understand this
So if it's a shit deal, we leave anyway and then there is a consequent clamour for getting back in, we won't be able to do so on our own terms (such as not adopting the Euro). Where is the logic in that?

Astonishing that you fail to understand this really.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So if it's a shit deal, we leave anyway and then there is a consequent clamour for getting back in, we won't be able to do so on our own terms (such as not adopting the Euro). Where is the logic in that?

Astonishing that you fail to understand this really.

i understand fully its impossible to have a peoples vote on the finalised trade deal before we have left the EU, you clearly dont

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I can only conclude that debating with pasta is a bit like being a novice chess player up against a grand-master. He's always at least 4 moves ahead. Where it differs though is that he shouts w'*k*r at you very loudly every now and again. He really is a piece of work, but underneath is a fun-guy.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I can only conclude that debating with pasta is a bit like being a novice chess player up against a grand-master. He's always at least 4 moves ahead. Where it differs though is that he shouts w'*k*r at you very loudly every now and again. He really is a piece of work, but underneath is a fun-guy.

wow, this is your response to my question

"a peoples vote before trade is finalised V a peoples vote after trade is finalised .......which one do you think is most appropriate?"

talk about deflecting, you seriously this incapable of answering.........your non response speaks volumes

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i understand fully its impossible to have a peoples vote on the finalised trade deal before we have left the EU, you clearly dont
Tell me why it is impossible to have a peoples vote on the finalised trade deal before we have left the EU? Because that sounds like nonsense to me. Oh wait, it is nonsense. You're making it up.

I was listening to 5 live over the weekend where the owner of a haulage firm was saying that if no deal is struck, he'll be out of business within two weeks. Don't worry, the interviewer told him that pastafarian says tough shit because he doesn't want anyone to get in the way of leaving the EU, as long as he's happy. :thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I'm sure he's harmless really - He's always struck me as the sort of person who if asked for a light or 20p by someone in the street would thrown himself backwards into a doorway and say 'Golly gosh! Please don't hurt me, what, what, what here's my wallet and my PIN number is 6969!' etc.

I think Brexit is just overwhelmingly exciting for him - he finally feels part of something, included and comfortable and can relate to the clueless, public school, Tory buffoons in charge of it all. Like them, he won't feel the pinch when it goes wrong. It's all a game. It's probably up there for him with playing some clandestine hands of poker with his chums at prep school after Matron has told them lights out in the dormitory - I can see why he gets so worked up about it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Crikey, are you really admitting you havnt heard both sides say they are working toward a free trade agreement?

Sorry - I wasn't clear. You were discussing a potential 'people's vote' - a second referendum. I was (in a cack-handed way, in hindsight) trying to point out that it would be wise, in such an event, for the people to know the forms of trade we were likely to be able to do with the rest of the world (given the huge opportunities we have been repeatedly told are out there), rather than only the EU.

Poorly written. I think I'll duck out to get some work done, and leave you chaps to throw insults at each other.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
wow, this is your response to my question

"a peoples vote before trade is finalised V a peoples vote after trade is finalised .......which one do you think is most appropriate?"

talk about deflecting, you seriously this incapable of answering.........your non response speaks volumes

But I did answer your question and this was your response!
This is progress, ive heard remoaners say the peoples vote on the finalised trade deal can be before the finalised trade deal, im glad you want to see what the final concluded trade deal is before a vote

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I think it's simply that pastafarian doesn't understand democracy. He seems to think that because his side won 2 years ago, there should be no further accountability. That's fine, democracy will ensure that if no-deal is the result (or even a terrible deal), there is a fair chance that Brexit simply won't happen.

For this reason alone, Brexiteers should be holding their own side accountable for striking a sensible deal rather than blaming "remoaners". [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] is a lost cause on this though, but I do suspect that the more articulate pro-Brexit people would at least agree with that. I know [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] does as he said so earlier in this thread.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm sure he's harmless really - He's always struck me as the sort of person who if asked for a light or 20p by someone in the street would thrown himself backwards into a doorway and say 'Golly gosh! Please don't hurt me, what, what, what here's my wallet and my PIN number is 6969!' etc.

I think Brexit is just overwhelmingly exciting for him - he finally feels part of something, included and comfortable and can relate to the clueless, public school, Tory buffoons in charge of it all. Like them, he won't feel the pinch when it goes wrong. It's all a game. It's probably up there for him with playing some clandestine hands of poker with his chums at prep school after Matron has told them lights out in the dormitory - I can see why he gets so worked up about it.

class warrior being a dick..........full report at 9

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

I'm not sure why, but this comes to mind.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...613439605B1605AD636D613439605B16&&FORM=VRDGAR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Tell me why it is impossible to have a peoples vote on the finalised trade deal before we have left the EU? Because that sounds like nonsense to me. Oh wait, it is nonsense. You're making it up.
:

Oh dear lordy christ...........please tell me you are not this stupid, watford zero was this thick too......is it catching?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here