Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Koeman sacked

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is the general consensus of opinion if you read the comments section on BBC Sport after the story. That it suited the BBC and Jim Mc Nulty in particulars agenda.

The comments sections on ANY media outlet is stuffed to the brim with crackpots, loons, WUMs and conspiracy theorists (much like this place). I wouldn't be forming my opinions on his sacking based on that.

The notion that McNulty or the BBC have an "agenda" against Koeman is bobbins. Why would they ? Just like every other media source, they're just reporting on a manager who is under massive pressure after spending £140m in the summer to get to 18th in the Premier League. And after losing at home to Lyon, they've just been dry-humped 5-2 in front of their own fans by Arsenal.

The BBC did not get Koeman the sack.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
You are seriously pinning all of this on the BBC?

I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the entire BBC.

Yes, on 5 Live Steve Claridge was pretty damning and said it was probably time to make the change.

But the Gardeners Question Time panel were fairly equally split on the issue. I think the Antiques Roadshow expert valuers were actually solidly behind Koeman and reckoned he should be given at least until Christmas to turn things around.

The Rev Richard Coles was ambivalent but the main presenters on CBeebies were preparing a collective Tweet urging Bill Kenwright to avoid a knee-jerk reaction to the Arsenal result.

Claudia Winkelman was apparently inconsolable at the prospect of Koeman being shown the door and told friends it would be a tragedy if the board acted now. John Craven punched a hole in a plasterboard wall when he heard about this.

And those are just the people I know about.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Yes, on 5 Live Steve Claridge was pretty damning and said it was probably time to make the change.

But the Gardeners Question Time panel were fairly equally split on the issue. I think the Antiques Roadshow expert valuers were actually solidly behind Koeman and reckoned he should be given at least until Christmas to turn things around.

The Rev Richard Coles was ambivalent but the main presenters on CBeebies were preparing a collective Tweet urging Bill Kenwright to avoid a knee-jerk reaction to the Arsenal result.

Claudia Winkelman was apparently inconsolable at the prospect of Koeman being shown the door and told friends it would be a tragedy if the board acted now. John Craven punched a hole in a plasterboard wall when he heard about this.

Well, if it was only Claridge demanding he be sacked, then that's nothing. Who listens to that fool? However, I saw him on Cash in the Attic and thought his comments on Wedgwood collections were spot on.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

I think the Antiques Roadshow expert valuers were actually solidly behind Koeman and reckoned he should be given at least until Christmas to turn things around.

Maybe, but I heard that Fiona Bruce thought he was a ****.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No they led the shouts to sack him. David Unsworth favourite for the job with most bookies.

Did they? Even before Albion fans started signing 'Sacked in the morning' (prematurely, as it turns out) on the 15th of October?

I'm not so sure...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That is the general consensus of opinion if you read the comments section on BBC Sport after the story. That it suited the BBC and Jim Mc Nulty in particulars agenda.

WWWWHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO???? :dunce:

So, the opinions of readers of the BBC Website are 'The BBC' are they?

How VERY odd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are seriously pinning all of this on the BBC?

Now it's been written the pattern usually consists of:-

- A considerable amount of squirming around the point.
- Slowly moving away from the original nonsense.
- Never admitting being wrong.
- Then saying something even more stupid, elsewhere...

..oh my god, I've just realised...

...Bensgrandad is DONALD TRUMP.

It all makes sense.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

It all makes sense.

Please tell me [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] has twitter. Please! I will definitely follow you BG. You are quality value for money (and as NSC is free, I'm not sure where that leaves you.)

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
The facts (even if they were truely terrible against us):

Premier League records of permanent Everton managers since 1990
Manager Games Points per game Win %
Howard Kendall (1990-93) 60 1.28 37%
Mike Walker (1994) 31 0.87 19%
Joe Royle (1994-97) 97 1.43 37%
Howard Kendall (1997-98) 38 1.05 24%
Walter Smith (1998-2002) 140 1.16 29%
David Moyes (2002-13) 427 1.5 41%
Roberto Martinez (2013-16) 113 1.44 38%
Ronald Koeman (2016-17) 47 1.47 40%

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Football is mad. If Brighton were not in Premier, apart from watching occasional game would not be interested. How on earth can you trust manager to spend £140m and 9 league games later sack him.

It all makes sense.

Have you ever seen them in a room together ? I certainly haven't. I also understand Mrs Trump is a big eastenders fan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Football is mad. If Brighton were not in Premier, apart from watching occasional game would not be interested. How on earth can you trust manager to spend £140m and 9 league games later sack him.

Its the same kind of thinking that lets 'Arry spend £18m to bring in 14 players, then sack him after 8 games. Its like a collective madness that grips football club owners as soon as there's a whiff of the bottom 3.

The PL in particular has gone even more batshit of late. The abject TERROR of relegation has owners and directors scrambling around in a blind panic. Three PL managers gone already, and we're not even out of October. Bilic is on borrowed time as well. I get a rather smug feeling of satisfaction, safe in the knowledge that BHA are above such short-termist nonsense. Even if we do crash back down to the Championship this season, Hughton is guaranteed to still be in our dugout and leading the charge for a quick return next year.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another manager gone because the team under achieve. But what is underachieving?
Palace - Expected finish bottom six
Everton - Expected finish Europa League spot.
West Ham - mid table
Liecester - mid table
Brighton - 17th
Let's be honest, there are six European spots up for grabs and only 8 clubs who will ever be there. All the others just need to survive.

I think the Top 6 are set in stone. Given that no Prem clubs field their strongest XI in any of the cup competitions then all the rest have to play for is survival. After a while this becomes mentally draining; all of the Championship promoted clubs won at the weekend and all 3 have done better than expected up to this point.

Other teams like Watford and Burnley are still fairly fresh and still feeding off successful promotion campaigns. Bournemouth apart, the sides that are struggling are the likes of West Ham and Everton, even Stoke to a degree, where expectations have been raised but there is a daily grind that has set in, and often a complacency too - just look what happened at Villa. You look at Bilic, Hughes and Hodgson and you see a weariness about them. I know Hodgson got Palace up for the Chelsea match but I don't see that happening week in, week out.

I think there's a lot more chance of more second and third tier Prem clubs getting relegated.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

is that the same Steve Claridge, the manager of Salisbury FC of whichever league they're in ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here