perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That could have been 6 points and 6 goals off our tally. Then it really would have gone to the wire.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Interesting, thanks.

Net spend is an obvious direct factor in buying trophies, but there weren’t enough going for Everton and Palace:

68C5E206-1CD5-45AA-998C-37410778D197.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To think all those ‘protests’ like the ‘West Ham TV’ bullshit after we beat them at the Amex - not spending blah blah. Another perm club with a massive sense of entitlement - there just isn’t space for them all as only one team can win each cup each year - disgusting. There will always be some club moaning somewhere like Arsenal and West Ham have last season.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Maybe West Ham and Burnley seasons will swap. if I was a Burnley fan I would be feeling slightly nervous.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can mock their spending I guess but thus foes feel like the real deal at West Ham right now and last season may have been the last chance for a while to have them flirting with relegation

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

That's my view, it's proven that money and table position do highly correlate, with exceptions each season of course.

But as an Albion fan, I'm hoping that for some of these spending spree clubs, the season on the pitch doesn't match their cheque book approach.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I suspect those more established prom teams who struggled a bit last year while the 3 promoted teams all stayed up took note of the 3 teams that got relegated and have determined to spend their way out of potential trouble by outspending last years promotees and this years promoted sides in the hope that they will finish at least 6 places above the bottom of the table. Deluded thinking.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I am certain some of those won't come off, but it's a lot of signings. If 3 of them are successes they'll sadly be fine. Should it all go tits up and they get relegated then they'll be in real financial trouble though. Expect that can be said for 15 or so of the 20 sides in the EPL though.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
They appear to be spending £100m plus god know what on wages - it just doesnt work that way as we know . Build a team , add some quality and then build again . Don't over stretch yourselves . This is clearly going to end in tears , volatile board , mental fans and a dreadful stadium . Six points again thank you very much ..

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Can mock their spending I guess but thus foes feel like the real deal at West Ham right now and last season may have been the last chance for a while to have them flirting with relegation

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Yeah, you're probably right. Although it's not a 100% correlation it is true that as a general rule teams that spend big do better than teams that don't. "Money talks" and all that.

However I'm clinging to the hope that it'll all go horribly wrong, the egos will clash, they won't be able to gel as a team, the fans will be on their backs and they'll struggle again.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It is well overdue to be fair.... big gamble though throwing loads of players together at once.

Spurs after selling Bale .... you've got to build a team not a wage bill

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Why the change now? Perhaps the Cockney's coin-throwing violence ultimately worked.

Nearly.

Fear for their own and immediate families safety if they weren't seen to invest seriously in rebuilding the brand.

Lot of nutcases support the Hammers,and Sullivan and Gold know it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't look at West Ham's signings and think it will make them a force again.

I fully expect them to spunk £100 mill and maybe go up 1 place in the table.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
West Ham opening fixtures:

Liverpool (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Arsenal (A)
Wolves (H)
Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Man Utd (H)
Brighton (A)
Spurs (H)
Leicester (A)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's my view, it's proven that money and table position do highly correlate, with exceptions each season of course..

But what if those exceptions are ALWAYS West Ham & palace?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here