Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Still cant see why we bother we O'Connell as we are going to get same scenario as Moore....It seems Moore is main target and with a small adjustment in up front figure a deal could be done...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Reading and Sheff Utd are competing with clubs pregnant with parachute payments so they'll try and squeeze every penny from us. The fact of the matter is there's more value to be had in Germany and I think we should keep going back there for players.

Hunemeier, Gross, Balogun combine at less than the price Reading want for Liam Moore. The Bundesliga is where it's at.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suppose Reading are now having to adjust their summer target list for a smaller budget ? Maybe they will come back to us, and meet us half way ?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Reading and Sheff Utd are competing with clubs pregnant with parachute payments so they'll try and squeeze every penny from us. The fact of the matter is there's more value to be had in Germany and I think we should keep going back there for players.

Hunemeier, Gross, Balogun combine at less than the price Reading want for Liam Moore. The Bundesliga is where it's at.

Completely agree, BUT we need a HGP and CH clearly wants that to be Goldson's replacement. Was surprised that we haven't gone back in for Joe Worrall but a quick google shows that Forest have given a price of £13million.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Completely agree, BUT we need a HGP and CH clearly wants that to be Goldson's replacement. Was surprised that we haven't gone back in for Joe Worrall but a quick google shows that Forest have given a price of £13million.

Gone 'back in' for Joe Worrall? Had we tabled an offer to Forest then? I didn't realise that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I take your point, but it makes you wonder whether the HGP policy makes sense if many of the HGPs are simply Prem reserves rather than Championship starters.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Gone 'back in' for Joe Worrall? Had we tabled an offer to Forest then? I didn't realise that.

Believe the Mirror reported that we were 'lining up a bid' in January?

Absolutely no clue if we actually did.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Trouble is Worrell is expensive and is also "living the dream" of playing for the team he has supported all his life.

Money talks, of course, but it would need to be big money.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Heres my take, we are close but not quite there with Moore.
Didn't accept bid over weekend, so people immediately assume thats that...we walk away and journalists create own little stories....
However, I imagine we are very much still working on the deal and it will eventually be concluded with both clubs getting roughly the deal they wanted..

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Heres my take, we are close but not quite there with Moore.
Didn't accept bid over weekend, so people immediately assume thats that...we walk away and journalists create own little stories....
However, I imagine we are very much still working on the deal and it will eventually be concluded with both clubs getting roughly the deal they wanted..

Yes. And Interestingly silence from Naylor on the reported breakdown in Moore talks by The Sun's Alan Nixon. , although his sources have been quick to scoff the O' Connell "exclusive" talk from, yes him again, The Sun's Alan Nixon.
https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/1013806007066210305

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Yes. And Interestingly silence from Naylor on the reported breakdown in Moore talks by The Sun's Alan Nixon. , although his sources have been quick to scoff the O' Connell "exclusive" talk from, yes him again, The Sun's Alan Nixon.

Yes, usually AN will put things down quite sharpish, however when things are happening he rarely comments.

ALSO, key point to add is that the only report saying that we had walked away came from Alan Nixon last night, which was swiftly used by the Reading Chronicle as the proof that he was staying at Reading. As far as I have seen, nothing anywhere else has anything about us walking away OR the O'Cconell bid... Reading fans assume that all is fine now, however based upon reading between the lines I would say very much the opposite. (especially as our last bid was close to the target sum but they wanted it more front loaded)..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Put the extra on the SB fee, then everyone is happy .......

There were rumours earlier in the summer that Rerading might be interested in Baldock, but as far as l am aware no official approach has been made, so how do we know that he is still an option for them?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is far too random a story for Nixon to just make up - if he was just filling words out he would link us with James Collins or Kyle Bartley or similar - not a relative unknown from Sheffield United ???

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
This is far too random a story for Nixon to just make up - if he was just filling words out he would link us with James Collins or Kyle Bartley or similar - not a relative unknown from Sheffield United ???

Unless a deliberate ruse to say to Reading we need to get deal finalised or we will buy someone else...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Steele, Murray, Stephens, March, Dunk, Duffy are six of our 8 required HGP, we still have Baldock a well and can get an HGP third keeper if necessary

Meanwhile Ryan, Propper, Gross, Andone, Locadia, Knockaert, Bruno, Schelotto, Bong, Izquierdo, Hemed, Suttner, Balogun, Kayal are only 14 of our 17 maximum non-HGP

So I don't think we should be too worried about the HGP-non-HGP mix at the moment. I'm sure the club is only focused on quality rather than any nationality right now

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well... probably NOT Moore, NOT O'Connell, so who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here