Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cheer for Greer

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
He's the only fooker in the squad who can lay claim to looking like a bonafide rock star.
There's no back up for that shit going on.
Sort it Tony.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's funny how things turn out. He scored against us at Withdean for Swindon, when they beat Russell Slade's doomed team 3-2. You have to praise both Gus Poyet for selling the club to him, Gordon for having the foresight to see where we could be heading to and Tony Bloom for backing Poyet to spend the money on a player who had only completed one full season. Before that season at Swindon, when they ended up in the play-offs, he'd never played through a whole season and had been plagued by injuries. He's barely had a spell out for us, he's been an absolute hero at the back and whilst a lot of people criticise their perception of his onfield captaining of the team, I suspect he's a big voice in the dressing room, and an impressive voice as well.

In short summary, I've always liked Gordon Greer and I probably always will.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Could do worse, could have better.

Good goal scoring record too just bizarre it's never been with his head but then with a distinct lack of calf muscles it's no surprise he doesn't have much of a leap on him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could do worse, could have better.

Good goal scoring record too just bizarre it's never been with his head but then with a distinct lack of calf muscles it's no surprise he doesn't have much of a leap on him.

He scored twice with his head, at Burnley. In both goals.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He's the kind of player over opinionated loud mouths like to fit in to their 'He's shit, get rid' schtick. Bores the lot of them.

I cheer for Greer.

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
It's the little things he does that makes the difference and I think some of the issue is that a lot of our fans have never played the game at any sort of level so don't understand what he's doing.

Three was point in the Birmingham game where he was covering three people unsupported on a Birmingham attack and some moron yelled 'put in a challenge you lazy f'n c' and was rightfully told off by the guy behind us - who's usually one of the first to slag off our players until my wife bollocked him for his 'big mouth, no knowledge' opinion a few weeks ago. If you take a step back and watch what he actually does he's brilliant.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
In the past I have questioned if he's up to playing at the level we want to be, ie challenging for promotion, but this season he's answered those questions and then some. I think he's been superb on the whole, one or two mistakes but what player doesn't make them. He's in the running for my POTS at the moment, although Bruno is streets ahead at this time. We are very lucky to have 3 top level Championship defenders at the club, possibly a 4th in Goldson too, the way Greer has stepped back into the team after a spell out injured and looked like he hasn't missed a beat is a credit to him.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Wasn't there a chant a couple of years ago:

'Number 3, number 3 Gordon Greer
number 3, number 3 I say,
Number 3, number 3 Gordon Greer
Playing football the Albion way

Let's get that going today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here