Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Stopped off at Cafe Velo on the Level today for a post ride coffee and macaroni cheese. Superb. Highly recommended for pre and post ride refreshments.

My Strava feed tells me [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] smashed out 50+ miles today, good to see everyone taking the Puncheur preparation seriously!

Cheers [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION]. See you at the Puncheur? As for yesterday's 50 miles, I was performing domestique services, hauling [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] around the Sussex course. It's his strategy - moan about the first 45 miles and then lay down the hammer for the last 5.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Would it be a bit poncey to suggest the Hull game is one us greeks should try to watch together?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Would it be a bit poncey to suggest the Hull game is one us greeks should try to watch together?

Trouble is, we don't know how ticket sales will go. I suspect cup fever may set in, so will probably buy my ST seat to be safe. Happy to meet up at The Basketmakers for pre game piss up, though, if others are.

You big ponce.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Cheers [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION]. See you at the Puncheur? As for yesterday's 50 miles, I was performing domestique services, hauling [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] around the Sussex course. It's his strategy - moan about the first 45 miles and then lay down the hammer for the last 5.

Hamilton disappeared yesterday, and I had to go back and find him. He was making a meal of mending a puncture. He was very sad and needed a lot of tlc.

He then put down the hammer.

Domestique my arse. He attacked! If he had let me sit on his wheel, God knows I would have done!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Decathlon offering £100 off B'Twin Triban 5 road bike.

I can't remember who keeps an eye out for these, I'm thinking it might be [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION].

Right now you can buy a Triban 5 aluminium-framed bike with carbon seatstays, carbon fork, and a Shimano Sora triple drivetrain for £399

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...fering-100-off-b-twin-triban-5-road-bike.html

Triple! The embarrassment would be worse than £100 saving :lolol:

Oh dear - I've got a Triban 5. I quite like it. It is at the cheaper end of road bikes, but I enjoy riding mine.

Although I haven't got the version pictured in the article - I have the black, grey and blue version, like this:

big_800PX_mediacom_546014131.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh dear - I've got a Triban 5. I quite like it. It is at the cheaper end of road bikes, but I enjoy riding mine.

Don't worry Strings, I am being deliberately elitist. It is in the rules though, #47, to be honest these days I am only keeping up with the beer side of that particular rule.

My winter bike, and favourite really, as it has been with me so long, is a Giant OCR 4, it cost me £240. No carbon at all, though it does have a hand me down fancy drive train now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Triple! The embarrassment would be worse than £100 saving :lolol:
Surely a triple made from fishing tackle just means you're getting even more bike for just £399. :dunce: #alsoelitist

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
FOR ALL OF YOU INTERESTED IN THIS THREAD, GET A JOB, AND BUY A CAR AND MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL, REMEMBER RED MEANS STOP FOR YOU AS WELL. HAVE A NICE DAY :smile:

Mar 12, 2008

You certainly will. Let's hope the weather is kind this year.

Just taken delivery of a new wheelset. If they don't shave at least one minute off my Beacon time they're going back :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You know how when we play Leeds, et al, all their fat skinhead fans do is go on about back bottom sex.
Clearly over compensating for there own desires, hoping nobody will point the finger, or anything else at them.
All the while secretly wanting to be taken roughly down by the docks.

Well I can't help thinking our own pet troll is the same. ...

...as an aside can I just say how nice it is to finally have a little pet we can call our own.

Anyhoo I can't help thinking our little pet is really really keen to slip into some lyrca and start peddling.
I think, like our Northern football chums, he's just sacred he'll like it too much.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Must say, I do feel rather excited that the thread has its own troll.

The important thing is to feed it properly. Underfed trolls die and over fed trolls get fat and eventually get so fat they take the place over.

So, note to all. Feed the troll wisely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's so sweet that the time between visits is getting shorter.

Someones in loooovveeeeee

He'll be pulling our hair and putting spiders down our blouses next.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone on here must be interested in this!!!:-

[tweet]427844682421268480[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here