Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fans Of West Ham & Spurs

el punal

Having read both clubs fans forums I get the distinct impression that there isn't a great deal of love between them. I mean I know traditionally Spurs hate Arsenal and vice versa, and the same with West Ham and Millwall. Whether it's a London rivals thing or the fallout from who got the Olympic stadium but I detect a huge amount of loathing between the two clubs. Anyone know why?

P.S. Following the Albion is such sweetness and light that one is sheltered from this naughtiness. :angel:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This has always been the case. Spurs/Arsenal gets the headlines and West Ham /Millwall is only ever an occasional rivalry. The West Ham and Spurs fans I know have always seen each other as main rivals. I think this has got stronger as fans of both clubs have moved en masse to Essex !

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
This has always been the case. Spurs/Arsenal gets the headlines and West Ham /Millwall is only ever an occasional rivalry. The West Ham and Spurs fans I know have always seen each other as main rivals. I think this has got stronger as fans of both clubs have moved en masse to Essex !

This. The sister company of the one I work for is based in Braintree and everyone there is either a Spurs or West Ham fan with a smattering of Arsenal. Might be sending a few select emails tomorrow.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There's literally 8 miles or so as the crow flies between Tottenham and West Ham, there has always been rivalry.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Spurs V West Ham the main rivalry?

No, just no.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

...or Hertfordshie ("Essex-lite").

Spurs are the traditional rivals of all the big London clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham). Some of it, sadly, has an historic anti-semitic root from when the NF was prevalent at West Ham and Chelsea.

West Ham and Millwall is a hooligan thing more than a football rivalry, in my view.

PG

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
...or Hertfordshie ("Essex-lite").

Spurs are the traditional rivals of all the big London clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham). Some of it, sadly, has an historic anti-semitic root from when the NF was prevalent at West Ham and Chelsea.

West Ham and Millwall is a hooligan thing more than a football rivalry, in my view.

PG

Dates back to London dockland disputes.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Paging [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION]....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Probably depends where you live, Spurs/West Ham may be the main event in Essex/East Anglia. Similarly, Albion fans seem to be split on our main rivalry being Portsmouth (if in the coastal towns to the west) or Palace (the rest).

There are a few older fans to the west who may think like that but they comprise a very small minority. The lack of pompey rivalry is due to the fact that they will only ever have eyes for saints and secondly, we have very rarely actually played them!

el punal

There are a few older fans to the west who may think like that but they comprise a very small minority. The lack of pompey rivalry is due to the fact that they will only ever have eyes for saints and secondly, we have very rarely actually played them!

True enough. In terms of loathing our rivalry is nothing more than a bit of kids' willy waving compared to Pompey's wish of a thermo-nuclear war against Southampton.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I digress slightly but in the run up to Friday I received an e mail from Now TV which as it's subject read 'could this be a new rivalry known for the goals ? They've let in 24 between them...' Basis the 3-0 I'm unsure whether or not this new rivalry is on or not...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Chelsea's biggest rival is Leeds and started after the cup final and replay in 1970.

They hate each Other!

...yet every club in yorkshire down to Harrogate athletic in the Sunday league hate Leeds with a passion.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Chelsea's biggest rival is Leeds and started after the cup final and replay in 1970.

They hate each Other!

...yet every club in yorkshire down to Harrogate athletic in the Sunday league hate Leeds with a passion.

Chelsea hate Leeds but Spurs are their big rivals. I say that having stood in the Shed in the '80s (£5 POTG) when I lived in London (and when Brighton weren't playing or were too far away for my budget to stretch).

PG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here