Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I think this "look at me" thread is going to get merged with the Brexit thread before you can say "David Cameron is a cock juggling cunderthunt".

That's what I think.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm going to merge this with the Brexit thread - we really don't need two threads of the usual suspects on both sides arguing round in circles for the rest of eternity.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No that's more like the Germans. Very loud,very brash think they own the place.

It’s Europe, we do own the place. Do keep up.

Now if you don't mind I'm off for a spot of breakfast.

Full English? It’s almost Sunday, have you found the-best-roast-in-town yet? Try Jim’s Cafe on the seafront, it’s the one with the Union jacks and plastic garden furniture outside :lolol:

No Surrender!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There won’t be one. But I can’t see what boycotting would achieve if there was. As the government really isn’t that keen on Brexit they would take whichever easy option they could to not deliver it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As a leaver - I would definitely boycott another vote! Why? … Because I could loose - and because I believe the vote to be unreasonable - and because I believe the threat of a mass boycott would prevent a vote happening?

The proposers for another vote arer all remainers and they all want 'remain' to be one of the questions! So what does that tell us? Simple - remainers have nothing to loose!

What do you think?
?

1) That you can't spell 'lose'
2) That you're completely wrong about only remainers wanting a second referendum
https://news.sky.com/story/nigel-farage-we-should-have-a-second-referendum-on-brexit-11203281
3) A boycott (ie people not bothering to vote) would mean that remainers would win easily
4) This thread will be merged with the other Brexit thread before you can say Guy Verhofstadt

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The fact that you would consider boycotting a vote suggests you believe the will of the people has probably changed, no doubt due to more people being aware of the effects of brexit!

D

Deleted member 22389

It’s Europe, we do own the place. Do keep up.

Full English? It’s almost Sunday, have you found the-best-roast-in-town yet? Try Jim’s Cafe on the seafront, it’s the one with the Union jacks and plastic garden furniture outside :lolol:

No Surrender!

You are so sosphicated. Why don't you ever mention the remainer youths pissing and puking half naked on the streets of Europe.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Oh no, not answering your daft question. How will I live with myself.
Why do you not include the withdrawal agreement “deal” in your poser?
Cheerio :wave:

If you are going to try and catch someone else out with the same thing again, at least go to the effort

Introduce 'The European Union (Withdrawal) Act' into a conversation about ongoing trade deals calling it 'the article 50 withdrawal “deal”'
Then drop the Article 50 and call it 'the withdrawal agreement "deal"'
Then don't answer the question 'Is this 'Withdraw article 50' or something else you've made up'

And then deliver the punchline.

It works much better that way :thumbsup:

(Let us know when you've decided what you want, no deal or Chequers as it will save us keep asking)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The fact that you would consider boycotting a vote suggests you believe the will of the people has probably changed, no doubt due to more people being aware of the effects of brexit!

More people are now aware of how duplicitous and self serving our politicians are, regardless of party and apparent views. I see no point in another referendum. Referendums (referenda?), should surely be binding otherwise why start the process in the first place?

We all know the Remainers wouldn't accept a second Brexit outcome any more than the first. And why should the Brexiteers accept a diffent outcome? My biggest disappointment is that once the decision was made, politicians of all colours decided to put their own interests above anything else and allow a divided UK to take on a united EU.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The negotiations for Brexit are hotting up and the party conference season is in full swing.

The clamour for a 2nd referendum is becoming hysterical - but would you boycott another ballot?

I've started this thread - not to discuss the merits or otherwise of leaving the EU, the other thread is where that takes place - but whether another vote could ever happen?

As a leaver - I would definitely boycott another vote! Why? … Because I could loose - and because I believe the vote to be unreasonable - and because I believe the threat of a mass boycott would prevent a vote happening?

The proposers for another vote arer all remainers and they all want 'remain' to be one of the questions! So what does that tell us? Simple - remainers have nothing to loose!

It's like a loser demanding "double or quits", but without the double! Or - "I'll toss you for it - Heads I win! - tails I don't loose!". There's not sufficient equity.

The validity of the Scottish independence reference in 2014 was uncontested. Both sides of the argument accepted the rules - and the British Government consented. The vote was institutionally legal! The Brexit vote in 2016 was exactly the same - uncontested and legal.

The vote for independence for Catalonia in 2017 was deemed illegal. One side of the argument didn't want to vote and the Spanish government didn't consent. The EU and UN didn't recognise the result.

So - if a campaign for leavers to boycott the vote threatened an obviously distorted result - would that result be acceptable? e.g. Remain question: 10 million votes - leave question: 5 million votes.

What do you think?
Certainly, if another referendum does not have 'Remain in the EU' as an option, I would draw my own box for it on the ballot paper and vote for it.

But I wouldn't boycott a vote, just adjust my ballot slip as I said.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
More people are now aware of how duplicitous and self serving our politicians are, regardless of party and apparent views. I see no point in another referendum. Referendums (referenda?), should surely be binding otherwise why start the process in the first place?

We all know the Remainers wouldn't accept a second Brexit outcome any more than the first. And why should the Brexiteers accept a diffent outcome? My biggest disappointment is that once the decision was made, politicians of all colours decided to put their own interests above anything else and allow a divided UK to take on a united EU.

This :thumbsup:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Certainly, if another referendum does not have 'Remain in the EU' as an option, I would draw my own box for it on the ballot paper and vote for it.

But I wouldn't boycott a vote, just adjust my ballot slip as I said.

Boycott a vote, Spoil a ballot slip - same outcome!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here