Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Living in Newhaven or Seaford

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
my experience of the two may be 20 years ago now, but when a friend was living in Newhaven we always went out in Seaford. i gather not much has changed.

funny thing is, Newhaven is what it is, a town with a port and some industry. then when some investment in more industry comes along the locals complain. im sure is not a terrible place to be, its just not as "nice" as other places. more interesting than Peacehaven though, so thats in its favour.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If you really must choose between Seaford and Newhaven, Seaford is the biggest no-brainer since 'Hastings or Hove'... and before anyone from Hastings loses bladder control whilst under the duvet, I've lived there.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Moved to Seaford from Horsham 3 years ago as part of the retirement plan. Brilliant decision for us. Town hasn't got a great deal of big name retailers but everything we need. Some of the most beautiful countryside, easy access to Brighton and Lewes, decent boozers, great golf course. Made plenty of friends and always stuff going on

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
If you really must choose between Seaford and Newhaven, Seaford is the biggest no-brainer since 'Hastings or Hove'... and before anyone from Hastings loses bladder control whilst under the duvet, I've lived there.

What gives?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The residential areas of Newhaven are lovely. Never really felt the need to venture into the town centre. Great train service to falmer.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Nothing down there? ??? Not true there is a double decker bus converted into a cafe :D

I read something about a plan to build a concreate plant run by the company Tarmac, not sure of the exact details.

That passed planning permission two weeks ago by ESCC, who are spending 23M building the flyover, and saying it won't increase traffic, totally ignoring there are only three roads into Newhaven. Tidemill beach will be affected.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That passed planning permission two weeks ago by ESCC, who are spending 23M building the flyover, and saying it won't increase traffic, totally ignoring there are only three roads into Newhaven. Tidemill beach will be affected.

So the flyover is going ahead, where will it start from?

D

Deleted member 22389

Jobs will be created with the concrete plant and hopefully other companies will come to Newhaven. It's better than it was. If someone could do something with the port as well it would transform newhaven.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Jobs will be created with the concrete plant and hopefully other companies will come to Newhaven. It's better than it was. If someone could do something with the port as well it would transform newhaven.

Our local MP is boasting that 436 jobs will be created. It will be like the Rampion wind farm, and incinerator. Nobody in Newhaven actually knows anyone local who works there.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He likes a wind up, but I'm told he's decent bloke.
I don't know him personally but others I know said he's ok.

Similarly, although I don't know [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] personally, others have assured me he is just as bigger nause in real life as he is on here :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Similarly, although I don't know [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] personally, others have assured me he is just as bigger nause in real life as he is on here :thumbsup:

He's not someone that's showed up on my nause radar on here, so he can't be that bad

D

Deleted member 22389

Our local MP is boasting that 436 jobs will be created. It will be like the Rampion wind farm, and incinerator. Nobody in Newhaven actually knows anyone local who works there.

Hopefully after the concrete plant has been built this will encourage other industry to Newhaven, because let's be honest it needs it after Parker Pen and Bevan Funnel shut up shop all those years ago, both massive local employers which ripped the heart out of Newhaven, I'm all for more industry.

As for Rampian, no I don't know how many local people work there, I didn't see a campaign to get local people employment when they decided to base the company down at Newhaven, but at the end of the day it's better than nothing, it is putting Newhaven on the map.

Now we just need some billionaire to come along and turn the port in to a modern marina with retail outlets, flats and a new birth for the Ferry.

Last edited by a moderator:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hopefully after the concrete plant has been built this will encourage other industry to Newhaven, because let's be honest it needs it after Parker Pen and Bevan Funnel shut up shop all those years ago, both massive local employers which ripped the heart out of Newhaven, I'm all for more industry.

As for Rampian, no I don't know how many local people work there, I didn't see a campaign to get local people employment when they decided to base the company down at Newhaven, but at the end of the day it's better than nothing, it is putting Newhaven on the map.

Now we just need some billionaire to come along and turn the port in to a modern marina with retail outlets, flats and a new birth for the Ferry.

The A259 through Newhaven can't cope with the traffic now, I predict many more gridlocks when the concrete plant is open

D

Deleted member 22389

The A259 through Newhaven can't cope with the traffic now, I predict many more gridlocks when the concrete plant is open

I understand, the road is a joke now and remember there are another 350 homes to be built in peacehaven, I also believe there are homes for Newhaven too. Kind of trapped with towns trying to move forward but not having the infrastructure to cope. We can only hope newhaven and peacehaven get a proper bypass one day. In the meantime you just have to grit your teeth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here