Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
It isn't just their problem,obviously.I am trying to get that across.A lot of remain posters try to say it's all our problem because we voted Leave,but that is just arrant nonsense of the kind percolating out of Gideon's poison pen.The seemingly total lack of progress being drivelled about on here is also totally untrue,but to get it all sorted by next year will be very hard,even with goodwill on both sides.Something that seems singularly lacking in Selmayr's makeup.The only thing that would allow frictionless trade as per the status quo would require a massive shift in the EU's position which I very much doubt will happen until the s**t actually hits the fan.With very rocky times ahead of us for the Euro,sooner than I thought because of fairly large exposure to Turkish debt,they might be too distracted to react in time.I think you would need to ask a trade expert (not an internet windbag ITK) if declaring EU goods tariff free after we leave is even legal under World Trade rules due to free competition rules.

So you finally agree we are up shit creek then and it's not just the EU's problem :facepalm:

You are right in the only thing that would maintain the status quo is the status quo. It's taken a little while to realise that.

I assume that letting everything and everyone through customs is an example of us 'taking control'

(I was worried that you may get upset at my inability to ask that question of my DExEU associate, so I e-mailed him. As soon as i get a response, you'll be the first to know)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Again you try to say cheap foreign labour when I told you the wages were the same for everyone on the factory floor. Agenda?

The point is that with massive over-immigration,there are more people than jobs,depressing wage levels because there is always somebody willing to take the job at crap wages.Now the immigration levels are falling a bit,there are less applicants for each job,so wages start to rise.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So you finally agree we are up shit creek then and it's not just the EU's problem :facepalm:

I assume that letting everything and everyone through customs is an example of 'taking control'

(I was worried that you may get upset at my inability to ask that question of my DExEU associate, so I e-mailed him. As soon as i get a response, you'll be the first to know)

Far from up the creek yet,and you have always said it's just our problem because we voted Leave.
Try reading the post.Where have I said 'letting everything through'.You always try to put stuff there that just aint.
If your supposed DexEU contact offers you any confidential information,then I hope they get sacked for gross misconduct.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Good on you :thumbsup:

Now, would you prefer TM's negotiated deal or the WTO 'no deal' option?

(bear in mind that there may be a follow up question)

Come on then [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION] let's get this thread back on track

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You obviously invest more in schools!

Invest more or get more bang for your buck or a combination of both yes but ultimately raise standards not lower them,which you would do by refusing to let children being educated at the higher standard have that education in the first place..
Banning private schools does not raise standards elsewhere, that thinking is purely ideological on your part.......and it is false.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
I don't run away. I voted leave and that's what I want.

Good on you :thumbsup:

Now, would you prefer TM's negotiated deal or the WTO 'no deal' option?

(bear in mind that there may be a follow up question)

Come on then [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION] let's get this thread back on track

So [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION] , like a lot of other Brexiteers on here, turns out suffer from the teenage sex syndome (all talk, very little action)

I'm off to do something more interesting :wave:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Again you try to say cheap foreign labour when I told you the wages were the same for everyone on the factory floor. Agenda?

I didnt try to say cheap foreign labour, i actually said cheap foreign labour.
However i didnt apportion cheap foreign labour as the reasons why kids packed in their jobs at that factory floor........which was the point of that disagreement.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Oh good god. Right: ban private schools, invest in schools and raise the standards of them to that of the best schools currently. How is that lowering standards!?

Why do you think closing private schools will help raise the quality of state schools? If it’s a case of money then that can be solved now. Why do you think you can tell people how they spend their money? And what’s this to do with Brexit?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Why do you think closing private schools will help raise the quality of state schools? If it’s a case of money then that can be solved now. Why do you think you can tell people how they spend their money? And what’s this to do with Brexit?

Heavens knows how this started. Two discussions now splitting all.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh good god. Right: ban private schools, invest in schools and raise the standards of them to that of the best schools currently. How is that lowering standards!?

If you take a pupil out of a private school (you have just banned the school) that you yourself consider to be of a higher standard and place him(or her) in a lower standard school, how can you not understand that this lowers the education standard of said pupil.
You can raise the standards of schools that have a lower standard without banning private schools. You do not need to ban private schools to raise standards of schools that are of a lower standard. Banning private schools does not cause standards to be raised elsewhere.......... if it did you would have said by now how that course of action would make it happen.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It stops segregation as well. We should all grow up equals with each other.
No idea what it has to do with brexit.

Ha. Ok, I’m out of this and back onto potentially the most destructive U.K. policy in our lifetepime, the extreme Brexit pushed by a few of the elete that for sure wouldn’t close public schools, in fact they would expand them

Jan 30, 2008
Some people never pay back their student loan. Their income has to reach one of two levels.

Plan 1 loans will start being repaid once you earn over £18,330 a year.

Plan 2 loan repayments start once you earn over £25,000 a year.

I know people who went to university and got a degree but were working in admin with me on just £21K a year, so therefore only paying back the minimum.

don't you just love Mature students …...TIME WASTERS
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I mever said banning private schools would make other schools better. You need to invest in other schools to make them better! Banning private removes class segregation and will probably get the rich ruling class off their arses to actually help improve the other schools as it directly affects them now!

As I said, fantasy.

Two of my grandchildren go to a private school. I am working class with parents who lived in council houses (they divorced) but managed to go to a grammar school.
I encouraged my children to read when the were toddlers. Picture books to start but gradually they learned to love to read. Other parents won't be bothered and will let them watch dvds or tv. So by the age of 5, you've already got inequality.
My kids worked hard at school, an ordinary comprehensive, but got A levels, and my daughter went to uni. She earns enough to pay for her children to go a private school.

No rich ruling class here, just sheer bloody hard work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here