Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jiri Skalak.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pocognoli for Knockaert against Wednesday is the one for me.

Great thread idea though - favourite Albion goal scored from a cross.

That is an excellent call. That was an INCREDIBLE ball, and at such an important moment.

I'll also offer Ashley Barnes' delivery for Ulloa's debut goal v Arsenal.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
and then started OK in the promotion season before his form completely deserted him and he's never been able to regain it. Will always wonder what happened there/

He went to Euro 2016 and then didn't get a proper pre-season for the 16/17 season, I've always suspected that missing those few weeks of pre-season killed his form and he never got it back.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
C9szdr8W0AAONnG.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pocognoli for Knockaert against Wednesday is the one for me.

Great thread idea though - favourite Albion goal scored from a cross.

CMS to Ulloa at Forest, not least for the laughs we get watching Reading's pitch invasion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Found it.

100% one of my fav ever games. Hutchinson trying to get Murray sent off saying ‘he saved it’ etc and his general moaning that night really annoyed me, so when he got sent I loved it!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
100% one of my fav ever games. Hutchinson trying to get Murray sent off saying ‘he saved it’ etc and his general moaning that night really annoyed me, so when he got sent I loved it!

My favourite moment that night, apart from Knocky's winner from Poco's incredible delivery, was Glenn Murray celebrating Stocko's penalty save in the tunnel.

Hutchinson's dismissal actual left me fuming. I was disgusted that the ref bottled it and gave him a second yellow, rather than the deserved straight red, for a potential leg-breaker of an assault on March. Hutchinson deserved a significant ban for that - not a crappy one match job like you get for a bit of back-chat, then kicking the ball away.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My favourite moment that night, apart from Knocky's winner from Poco's incredible delivery, was Glenn Murray celebrating Stocko's penalty save in the tunnel.

Hutchinson's dismissal actual left me fuming. I was disgusted that the ref bottled it and gave him a second yellow, rather than the deserved straight red, for a potential leg-breaker of an assault on March. Hutchinson deserved a significant ban for that - not a crappy one match job like you get for a bit of back-chat, then kicking the ball away.

Very true. I think I saw Solly’s old man soon after that and simply said to him Hutchinson is a dirty prick.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I love it when we (I include myself here fella, so don’t take umbrage) call professional footballers out by saying they lack natural ability, when clearly that is why they are professional footballers. If their not good enough for us or our standards it’s as if we are saying Joe Bloggs playing on the rec could do a job.

Ha

Good luck, Jiri

We all loved you, even NooBHA and good luck down The New Den, I see a perfect fit....

Actually - I stole the phrase from Timmy Cahill

He always made reference to the fact that he himself did not have the same and I use Tim's words '' Natural abilities as say Steven Pienaar / Michael Arteta / Neil Harris / Richard Sadlier ''

He like myself didn't mean ''no ability'' - He just meant that some players have a natural gift kicking a football around and others their abilities are attained through effort , endeavour and athleticism.

I too wish Jiri great success at Millwall as I go to the Den to watch football quite a few times in a season. So I will get to see him further his career.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One amazing goal, one amazing promotion celebration photo, and literally nothing else. Legend.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm a little suprised he didn't go somewhere a little better than Millwall

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Norwich, for Murray's header in the 5-0. Running full pelt down the line, halts, on his wrong foot, had about a 1foot square to aim at and got it bang on, perfectly between two defenders heads and just close enough to the goalie to make him commit. An unbelievable cross.

He didn't always play as well as we hoped he would, but he has written himself into Albion folklore with his his goals v QPR & Charlton, and for being absolutely batshit insane. Love him

Good luck at Milwall, hope they embrace you as you deserve to be. Go get your career going.

One amazing goal, one amazing promotion celebration photo, and literally nothing else. Legend.

Selective memory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here