Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Done UKIP.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I'm sure there are plenty of net contributors.

But there are also an awful lot who are, for want of a better phrase, milking the system.

The child benefit one is clearly the worst, and as others have said, surely it shouldn't be paid for ay least the first two years of someone working here.

Stop using the Daily mail for your information. THE FACTS ARE LESS THEN 3% OF IMMIGRANTS CLAIM BENEFITS.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Good post. UKIP have channelled everyones anger at unemployment, lack of housing, inflation, nhs etc etc on immigration. As I said earlier blame the minority, the gift that keeps on giving.

If people weren't so brainwashed they would realise immigration has a tiny impact on the above. The rich are simply diverting the publics attention from them getting richer.
Can you let me know the inflation figures and why people are angered by them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
White British are now a minority in London...........fact.

You talk a lot about race and the white British working class on these UKIP threads. So out of interest, where do you stand on UKIP? Do you want us out of the EU? Do you think coming out of the EU is likely to benefit the white working class?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well your thought is wrong you tool lol London is STILL a MAJORITY of white working class FACT. So the why would turkeys vote for Christmas quote doesn't work...

Depends what you are defining as white working class. According to the ONS, the 2011 census showed 59% of London were white but that in fact ony 44.9% are white british. So about 15% are whites from a different race.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well your thought is wrong you tool lol London is STILL a MAJORITY of white working class FACT. So the why would turkeys vote for Christmas quote doesn't work...

You're wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904

But all this has been pointed out previously. If you look at literacy levels across the UK then London is certainly not the pinnacle. London has some of the worst levels of educational achievement in the UK. If you are seriously arguing that Tower Hamlets are a more politically sophisticated electorate than Guildford, for example then you're as wrong as that UKIP rep.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You talk a lot about race and the white British working class on these UKIP threads. So out of interest, where do you stand on UKIP? Do you want us out of the EU? Do you think coming out of the EU is likely to benefit the white working class?

I'm not sure about leaving the EU totally, I think allowing accession countries access to our labour market was a mistake, and things like the CAP need reform, but as for leaving ? I'm not sure , there needs to be a proper debate without hysteria with both sides setting out their stall.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

White British are now a minority in London...........fact.

[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] is correct. There was even a link that proved it http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904

However, that's far from the end of the story. They are still the biggest single group in London. There is no one group bigger. The link also states that, far from being "white flight" there is evidence of success stories - of people deliberately cashing in their London property for a bigger and nicer one by the sea or in the countryside.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Good grief.

You and @bushy really are like the Beavis and Butthead of NSC.

Not a lot else to be said? Surely, there's plenty to be said. Time to stop sniping from the sidelines and venture forth with some real answers.

For example. Right to Buy. For every house bought we should be replacing with 2 affordable housing replacements. The supply and demand should be managed so those that can least afford it can get a roof over their head.

You and Butthead have got to stop throwing the 'easy to find on Google and migrationwatch' stats about and start thinking about what you want done - beyond chucking out the Romanians.

I think you've hit the nail on the head; depth of prejudice and shallowness of intellect usually preclude all but the most simplistic responses. Combine that with first-hand experience of injustice (however untypical) and lynch mob mentality often prevails. :(

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think you've hit the nail on the head; depth of prejudice and shallowness of intellect usually preclude all but the most simplistic responses. Combine that with first-hand experience of injustice (however untypical) and lynch mob mentality often prevails. :(

Oh for goodness sake. Just when you think the level of debate has risen above 'UKIP voters - they're thick and racist' along comes something like this to drag it all back down again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Unemployment benefits maybe, what about housing benefit, child benefit, disability benefit etc ?

They'll also have a NHS exemption card in their wallet or purse. I personally will have to pay for my prescriptions for another 12 years :rant:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure about leaving the EU totally, I think allowing accession countries access to our labour market was a mistake, and things like the CAP need reform, but as for leaving ? I'm not sure , there needs to be a proper debate without hysteria with both sides setting out their stall.

I couldn't agree more with that. The people belittling some of the UKIP voters are doing nobody any favours. Indeed to prove the point, there are some intelligent people ([MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]) on here who have gone down that route rather than engaging in debate which I think is a shame. As you say, it would be nice if we could just ignore the simpletons on the both sides who have little to say ([MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION], [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION]) and actually debate the issues fully.

Of course, we're not going to get CAP reform or restrictions on labour movement implemented whilst maintaining benefits to the huge EU free market, by sniping on the sidelines and pandering to disaffected Tory tweed-wearing ex-city boys who have already made their money and personally have nothing to lose by closing the door on the EU. We should be getting involved, working to limit corruption and reducing the expensive areas of EU policy where it doesn't suit our country.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] is correct. There was even a link that proved it http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904

However, that's far from the end of the story. They are still the biggest single group in London. There is no one group bigger. The link also states that, far from being "white flight" there is evidence of success stories - of people deliberately cashing in their London property for a bigger and nicer one by the sea or in the countryside.

I've seen that article GB, its heavily slanted in typical bbc fashion to make look like people cashing in rather than simple white flight.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Oh for goodness sake. Just when you think the level of debate has risen above 'UKIP voters - they're thick and racist' along comes something like this to drag it all back down again.

Oi knee jerk, read what I was responding to and stop acting like who I was criticising

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I couldn't agree more with that. The people belittling some of the UKIP voters are doing nobody any favours. Indeed to prove the point, there are some intelligent people ([MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]) on here who have gone down that route rather than engaging in debate which I think is a shame. As you say, it would be nice if we could just ignore the simpletons on the both sides who have little to say ([MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION], [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION]) and actually debate the issues fully.

Of course, we're not going to get CAP reform or restrictions on labour movement implemented whilst maintaining benefits to the huge EU free market, by sniping on the sidelines and pandering to disaffected Tory tweed-wearing ex-city boys who have already made their money and personally have nothing to lose by closing the door on the EU. We should be getting involved, working to limit corruption and reducing the expensive areas of EU policy where it doesn't suit our country.
IE be more like France !! One area where you can't fault their government is that it puts France and French interests first, every time, and they tend to ignore legislation that doesn't suit.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Er, exactly where have I done this? Other than responses to [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] and DR who I preclude from this as they are just stirrers. There are plenty of other posters on here who I have entered into a decent debate with.

I'm sure you'll find a post so that I can eat humble pie.

D

Deleted member 22389

I've seen that article GB, its heavily slanted in typical bbc fashion to make look like people cashing in rather than simple white flight.

Can't stand these types of articles. I blame this all on a lack of integration. Been there, done that and was left with the feeling that I didn't belong anymore. Made me feel uncomfortable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
IE be more like France !! One area where you can't fault their government is that it puts France and French interests first, every time, and they tend to ignore legislation that doesn't suit.

They don't ignore it, as much as bend the rules, and that's what we should do.

For example, EU regulations stipulate no state subsidy for car manufacturers. What do the French do? They subsidise their firms that produce car PARTS. BSE crisis in England? Excellent, we'll ban their meat for a "reasonable" length of time on "health" grounds, despite it being proven that are no links to human deaths.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Er, exactly where have I done this? Other than responses to [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] and DR who I preclude from this as they are just stirrers. There are plenty of other posters on here who I have entered into a decent debate with.
It's all about opinions, and I'm sorry fella but in my view you started off name calling in response to some mildly aggressive counter points. The number of times where bushy puts coherent counter-points forward that then go ignored by opposing intelligentsia on here is laughable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here