Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts Forest vs West Ham (Live on ITV1)

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Why should Allardyce be bothered. This is probably his last job before retiring and if he gets the boot, he'll get a decent pay-off.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I was hoping after the match that Ned Boulting would show Sam Allardyce a clip of that little boy in the West Ham end crying when the third Forest goal went in and ask him 'how does it make you feel when you see that you have ruined children's dreams?'.

I thought West Ham would get a replay until I saw the team Allardyce named and that he'd named Stewart Downing as captain. When you are giving the armband to such an impassive player who rarely influences matches, then you have a rudderless ship, especially with there such a number of youngsters in the side.

The problem with the team Allardyce picked is that when the senior players who are playing see that, they go out with the mind set that the match isn't important. And that showed in the match today, Forest were by the far sharper and hungrier side throughout and could have won by 10.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'm Gutted. Sam was once a top tip for the England job when his flowing passing game nearly won the Premiership for Bolton. Now he's relegated to being manager of the eel bashers Development Squad and trying to do his best with a pretty inept bunch. Why won't those mean owners give him some cash to buy a decent striker ? Why did all those other plodding malingerers get a day off ?

Poor old Sam, I say.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Why won't those mean owners give him some cash to buy a decent striker ?

They gave him £15 million and he spent it on Carroll! Unlucky with injury I know but he could have got several just as good players for that kind of cash.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
They gave him £15 million and he spent it on Carroll! Unlucky with injury I know but he could have got several just as good players for that kind of cash.

Given Carroll's injury record, I wouldn't say they were unlucky. He was unfit at the point that the deal went through.

And for all of Allardyce saying he prioritised the League Cup tie against City, they don't play until Wednesday night. Sunderland are playing on Tuesday night and they have put out pretty much a full strength side today.

Jimmy Grimble

whoosh

Jimmy Grimble

Have I missed something?!

I think you'll find [MENTION=3488]withdeanwombat[/MENTION] 's post was very much tongue in cheek!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

£15m for a £45m striker is good business :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here