Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket upgrades next season

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Can you use the 6 upgrades and then put ticket on ticket exchange and log in and buy it at another age group? The club have got this so wrong.

Can you use the 6 upgrades and then put ticket on ticket exchange and log in and buy it at another age group? The club have got this so wrong.

Good point. In fact, if you get full value out of the voucher you will earn this might even be cheaper!

Some moving and valid stories on this thread. I hope the club listen

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Is that a good idea, bringing the club'attention to the fact that your child maybe one that is not going to the required amount of games and risking the club canceling his/her ticket under the new rules?

Thats a good point ! I would have thought that as the ticket is effectively being sold back to the club to sell again then surely the original ticket holder cannot be penalised for not being able to attend ?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Thats a good point ! I would have thought that as the ticket is effectively being sold back to the club to sell again then surely the original ticket holder cannot be penalised for not being able to attend ?

You would have thought so, but I really am not sure why they need to take kids tickets away when they have been paid for and the Albion are not losing financially. It would be good to hear the real reason behind this new ruling from the club.

Yogi Hair

Jan 25, 2012
Surely if I have paid for my sons ticket, it is my right wether I wish to upgrade it or not. I mean, it's my sons ticket, right?
Therefore, it's up to me if I want to give my/ my sons ticket to a relative or friend if we can't make it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Surely if I have paid for my sons ticket, it is my right wether I wish to upgrade it or not. I mean, it's my sons ticket, right?
Therefore, it's up to me if I want to give my/ my sons ticket to a relative or friend if we can't make it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guess the club could say yes, it is your son's ticket but not anyone else's..............it's not transferable, so actually no, it isn't up to you.......as per the T&Cs you agreed to when you signed up for it........

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I'm pretty sure under 10's wouldn't be carrying any ID.

Interesting point this and I agree under 10's would probably not be asked for ID as they would have to be accompanied, but a young looking 12/13 year old would, as under 12's are not allowed in without an adult. I wonder what ID the club accepts for these?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Just upgrAded my sons under 21ticket for sat,18.50,

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Interesting point this and I agree under 10's would probably not be asked for ID as they would have to be accompanied, but a young looking 12/13 year old would, as under 12's are not allowed in without an adult. I wonder what ID the club accepts for these?
I've e-mailed the club on this point. An original birth certificate for the child is required. Photocopies are not acceptable.

They are also going to produce a special BHA branded birth certificate holder that you have to buy for £15. When I complained about this move an unspecified club official said that with a mainly adult waiting list of 1,700 he wasn't too bothered about losing a few junior STHs.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is that a good idea, bringing the club'attention to the fact that your child maybe one that is not going to the required amount of games and risking the club canceling his/her ticket under the new rules?

The new rules are for the Family Stand only. And say that a ST holder might be relocated if the tickets aren't being used. - and then if its only been used twice after 10 games. That really is going some for non attendance even with evening games etc.
Perhaps reasonably the club want the Family Stand where many would like to sit (and the reduced rates for sitting there) to be used by Families.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You would have thought so, but I really am not sure why they need to take kids tickets away when they have been paid for and the Albion are not losing financially. It would be good to hear the real reason behind this new ruling from the club.

This is a clause for next season.
Its only for the Family Stand. It actually says you will be looked at , if you attend only 2 games , 10 games into the season and then will be potentially be offered relocation.
The *real* reason is perhaps because the club want the Family Stand to be for families. What do you think it is ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've e-mailed the club on this point. An original birth certificate for the child is required. Photocopies are not acceptable.

They are also going to produce a special BHA branded birth certificate holder that you have to buy for £15. When I complained about this move an unspecified club official said that with a mainly adult waiting list of 1,700 he wasn't too bothered about losing a few junior STHs.

Ho Ho. Ho.
I'll tell this hilarious story to my son when we go on the free coach trip to Norwich, eating our free drink/pie and the other lads we sit near who wear their free shirts from the club for being young season ticket holders, signed by players at the free open training and signing sessions, or via the biggest free christmas party in the city attended by players and all and sundry, the several who have been picked out to be free mascots for the day, and my other son now older and benefitting from the u21 concession bar introduced a few years ago and the hundreds of kids from my local village club who've benefitted from huge discount prices to attend the 3 matches that i've organised to the shelf in the last 2 years and perhaps we could forward it on to the EFL who'd be interested i'm sure in your detailed personal testimonial given that they've nominated the club to be Family club of the year (out of 72) yet again. http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-awards-2017-shortlists-revealed-3645548.aspx

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
This is a clause for next season.
Its only for the Family Stand. It actually says you will be looked at , if you attend only 2 games , 10 games into the season and then will be potentially be offered relocation.
The *real* reason is perhaps because the club want the Family Stand to be for families. What do you think it is ?

I would have thought that the tickets are sold to families and therefore are already being sold for the purpose intended and if the club are concerned that this is being abused, then I would have thought the simplest way to control this would be not to allow any adult upgrades in this area, what do you think?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ho Ho. Ho.
I'll tell this hilarious story to my son when we go on the free coach trip to Norwich, eating our free drink/pie and the other lads we sit near who wear their free shirts from the club for being young season ticket holders, signed by players at the free open training and signing sessions, or via the biggest free christmas party in the city attended by players and all and sundry, the several who have been picked out to be free mascots for the day, and my other son now older and benefitting from the u21 concession bar introduced a few years ago and the hundreds of kids from my local village club who've benefitted from huge discount prices to attend the 3 matches that i've organised to the shelf in the last 2 years and perhaps we could forward it on to the EFL who'd be interested i'm sure in your detailed personal testimonial given that they've nominated the club to be Family club of the year (out of 72) yet again. http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-awards-2017-shortlists-revealed-3645548.aspx

But apart from that....what have the Romans ever done for US?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I would have thought that the tickets are sold to families and therefore are already being sold for the purpose intended and if the club are concerned that this is being abused, then I would have thought the simplest way to control this would be not to allow any adult upgrades in this area, what do you think?

I think that would be draconian given evening games, schoolnights, holidays etc. They already have a policy of 6 upgrades which works well for many (but not all) and isn't changing afaik.
I think what really concerns them is the outlier cases; seats where the child attends only a few games a season which is what this clause is , i assume, designed to address.
Even then it talks about relocation or investigating. Seems fair enough although it looks quite stark as a clause in Ts and Cs. There must be a very good reason why you buy a kids season ticket and they miss 16 or 17 games a season. (ie: the 25%)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ho Ho. Ho.

Don't forget the East Stand Concourse kids pre-match entertainment days with magicians and stuff...

Oh, and the free draw for any Young Seagull to be a match mascot for the day (which my son won for Burton at home and was delighted and got a full free kit!).

But other than that...:shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Don't forget the East Stand Concourse kids pre-match entertainment days with magicians and stuff...

Oh, and the free draw for any Young Seagull to be a match mascot for the day (which my son won for Burton at home and was delighted and got a full free kit!).

But other than that...:shrug:

They're just not interested *

* In fact more interested that most clubs in the entire league.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think that would be draconian given evening games, schoolnights, holidays etc. They already have a policy of 6 upgrades which works well for many (but not all) and isn't changing.
I think what really concerns them is the outlier cases; seats where the child attends only a few games a season which is what this clause is , i assume, designed to address.
Even then it talks about relocation or investigating. Seems fair enough although it looks quite stark as a clause in Ts and Cs. There must be a very good reason why you buy a kids season ticket and they miss 16 or 17 games a season. (ie: the 25%)

23 home games, 25% is going to be 5.75 games. So if you miss 6, then the club could take your season ticket away. You can then upgrade 6 which effectively covers you for 50% of the fixtures. My previous points are that in order to address one set of rule breakers, another legitimate set are being unfairly treated through this rule.

If we stay in the Championship and 50% of our games are 19.45 KO like this season, then my son's seat will be upgraded for 6 of those evening games, and empty for the other 6 – That is all I can do under the rules. None of us buy a season ticket at the start of the season imagining that 50% of our games will be in the evening, and my 6 year old loves going, and is so excited for Saturday as our first 3pm KO in what seems like forever.

The club do wonders for the young kids, they really do. None of my posts are in anyway questioning their approach to young supporters, I just think this set of rules does unfairly hit our youngest fans.

Of course, if we do go up, we might only have 3 evening games at most all season, so might not even be a worry. Just this season is showing what might happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
23 home games, 25% is going to be 5.75 games. So if you miss 6, then the club could take your season ticket away.

You've completely misunderstood the clause.

They only require that you ATTEND a minimum of 25% - not that you don't miss more than 25%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here