Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Reading, MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Some , er Reading for you. If you want.

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?643-Albion-3-0-Reading-25.02.2017

(No PICTURES this time, sorry. Maybe next time...)

Reading played out from the back. The Albion employed a mixed plan – sometimes letting them get on with safe passes 20 yards from their own goal, and crowding out their midfielders – sometimes pressing hard as a front four, to harry and force mistakes. Stam – again like Gus – is not a man to compromise – his charges stuck to their plan, even once it became clear that they were tactically disadvantaged, and the Albion took full advantage.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Great report, as usual. All that was missing was a little more on the Baldock beautiful 25 yard curling shot onto the post. It was a thing of beauty after he left the defender for dead.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No pictures?
[MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] OUT :moo:

Cracking report – cheers.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That comes across as snidey, bitter and jealous.
But also (I suspect) slightly tongue in cheek, honest, and rather well written.
I enjoyed it

Really? I thought the author was trying WAY to hard to be clever. Back-handed compliments are fine, but don't labour the point by using them ALL THE TIME!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I enjoyed it

Well I will agree with you if it was tongue in cheek, otherwise it's so defamatory against us, that we could almost sue the writer for libel.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Really? I thought the author was trying WAY to hard to be clever. Back-handed compliments are fine, but don't labour the point by using them ALL THE TIME!

Trying too hard, yes, I agree. But really not too bad. I think the 'back handed compliment' theme was the whole point of the piece.
Writing well is difficult. Exile is professional standard (better than many who make a living from it I'd say) so we get spoiled.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Trying too hard, yes, I agree. But really not too bad. I think the 'back handed compliment' theme was the whole point of the piece.
Writing well is difficult. Exile is professional standard (better than many who make a living from it I'd say) so we get spoiled.

Agree with all of that.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Oh, I got the theme (how could you NOT?), but sometimes less is more – to me anyway.

Agree about Exile – I make a living out of it, but sometimes his turn of phrase is better than anything I could come up with. Captures the occasion perfectly.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I enjoyed it

This made me chuckle.

But whatever formation it was began to feel insecure soon after the kick-off when Knockaert produced a couple of those high-speed wriggles of his that consist of beating three defenders on the right, going back to beat them all again, this time for fun, then whipping the ball into the six yard box

I quite liked the seaslug reference. They are gorgeous colours, or the other definition is a surface to air missile (which sounded like our goals)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I reluctantly gave a "thumbs up" due to the excellence of the report, but it was a close call due to the lack of ARTWORK!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I reluctantly gave a "thumbs up" due to the excellence of the report, but it was a close call due to the lack of ARTWORK!

As rightly pointed out above, the report itself is pretty LATE. If I'd spent a further ten minutes producing ARTWORK, I wouldn't have got this published before my lunch break, and that would never do!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very good read as always and explained quite clearly to football ignoramuses like me why I used to rate their goalie but thought he was rubbish on Saturday. Bloody obvious now it's been pointed out to me.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
As rightly pointed out above, the report itself is pretty LATE. If I'd spent a further ten minutes producing ARTWORK, I wouldn't have got this published before my lunch break, and that would never do!

You could wangle a bit of overtime?!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here