Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I just don't understand the losers relentless babble about people from Europe not being employable after Brexit.I got my taste for Gauloise cigs and schnapps in the 1960's from French and German student teachers working in England,and to say they won't be allowed in apart from to change toilet rolls is moronic!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has warned the UK it faces a "very hefty" bill for Brexit.
He promised two years of "tough negotiation", when discussions on leaving terms get under way between the government and the European Union.
Exit will not come "at a discount or at zero cost", he said in a speech to the Belgian Federal Parliament.
Reports suggest the UK could have to pay the EU up to 60 billion euros (£51bn) after Brexit talks start.

Righto , This will help negotiations a great deal !

Mr Junky go and do one !!

A sure sign of desperation that they have to "fine" a leaving member 12 years of payments for leaving.

Imagine wanting to cancel your BHA ST and the club says sure, here's your bill for the next 12 years as a penalty.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm not sure that you can really compare one of the world's larger economies walking away from its membership of the world's largest association of national states to a bloke and his bird having a bit of a fall out.

Dunno so much-Junker seems a right tart!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I just don't understand the losers relentless babble about people from Europe not being employable after Brexit.I got my taste for Gauloise cigs and schnapps in the 1960's from French and German student teachers working in England,and to say they won't be allowed in apart from to change toilet rolls is moronic!

You nicely sums up a key brexiteer stereotype ie you don't understand the modern world and just assume everything will return to 1962

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No,no,no

The Leavers are more than happy to pay this,in fact they would probably be willing to pay 10 times this.

Its all money well spent as they have their country back.

The fact that we're all going to much poorer is perfectly acceptable to Leavers,and something so they say they are happy to accept

How about a special leavers levy, £3000 x 17m should cover the divorce settlement.

Of course it won't happen, we're just leave it for our kids and grandkids to pay for like everything else

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A sure sign of desperation that they have to "fine" a leaving member 12 years of payments for leaving.

Imagine wanting to cancel your BHA ST and the club says sure, here's your bill for the next 12 years as a penalty.

The timescales are different - what you have to imagine is wanting to cancel your season ticket and the club saying "Sure, here's your bill for the next 12 months". And that's not so difficult to imagine.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm not surprised by this – the EU/countries IN the EU are likely to screw the UK for everything they can. Why wouldn't they? If the shoe was on the other foot, we'd do EXACTLY the same.

But I thought there'd be a deal in our advantage? - there had to be - we're British.

Are we able to screw them back?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No,no,no

The Leavers are more than happy to pay this,in fact they would probably be willing to pay 10 times this.

Its all money well spent as they have their country back.

The fact that we're all going to much poorer is perfectly acceptable to Leavers,and something so they say they are happy to accept

How do you know what the Leavers will "be happy with", you voted remain so perhaps stop trying to state what the leavers are happy with. In other words these are your opinions.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

12 years membership? Based on the £350m / week NHS model its only 2.8 years, or was that fake just fake news?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You nicely sums up a key brexiteer stereotype ie you don't understand the modern world and just assume everything will return to 1962

I presume your name refers to Klimenti Voroshilov,and you regard me as not understanding the modern world,when you appear to be stuck in the Great Patriotic War,or do you have a KV-1 instead of a car?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
12 years membership? Based on the £350m / week NHS model its only 2.8 years, or was that fake just fake news?

Glad to see a remainer finally acknowledge how much we pay in to this corrupt swamp-keep it up!:thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A £51 Billion bill and continued large numbers of immigrant workers for the foreseeable future to help smooth over the British Economy post Brexit - Is this the price worth paying for Brexit that was perceived by some as worth paying or will something else have to pay if this was to happen - hell.

Could this price, if it happened, be the moment that the great, as yet undefined, wrath and fury rises up, the like of which has never been seen before and some - like the woman in the chip shop in Burnley on Sky News last month - say could be a civil war?

£51 Billion. Could we afford that and Trident renewal at Faslane in Scotland, a permanent member of our family of nations that is and always will be The United Kingdom, at the same time?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A £51 Billion bill and continued large numbers of immigrant workers for the foreseeable future to help smooth over the British Economy post Brexit - Is this the price worth paying for Brexit that was perceived by some as worth paying or will something else have to pay if this was to happen - hell.

Could this price, if it happened, be the moment that the great, as yet undefined, wrath and fury rises up, the like of which has never been seen before and some - like the woman in the chip shop in Burnley on Sky News last month - say could be a civil war?

£51 Billion. Could we afford that and Trident renewal at Faslane in Scotland, a permanent member of our family of nations that is and always will be The United Kingdom, at the same time?

Be much cheaper to bin the whinging jocks and share the nuclear facilities at St. Nazaire (one of our NATO allies,France) :lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
How do you know what the Leavers will "be happy with", you voted remain so perhaps stop trying to state what the leavers are happy with. In other words these are your opinions.

I think it was a bit of a throwaway joke to be honest but you make an interesting point. Are you saying you might not 'be happy with' that sort of cost? If not that much, what would you be happy with? What's the level of expenditure at which you as a Leaver says 'Bugger that, it's not worth that much'?

(If you're prepared to spend anything it takes then of course you have no argument with Studio 150 - that's all he was saying.)

Jan 30, 2008
I think it was a bit of a throwaway joke to be honest but you make an interesting point. Are you saying you might not 'be happy with' that sort of cost? If not that much, what would you be happy with? What's the level of expenditure at which you as a Leaver says 'Bugger that, it's not worth that much'?

(If you're prepared to spend anything it takes then of course you have no argument with Studio 150 - that's all he was saying.)
any cost is worth it against the cost of being controlled by the EU, this isn't a trial period to find out what's good and not good ,we're leaving, at what cost lets wait and see .......... live with it
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I would expect everybody will want us to pay what we would normally pay until we are out,in 2 years time,or hopefully less!Anything added on to the usual payments should be regarded as pure spite,and if attempted,should trigger an immediate exit.Article 50 is no more than a politeness.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Let us wait and see what we pay. Just because Junkter is trying to throw his unelected weight around does not mean we have to dance to his tune.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I don't think it is a fine. It is simply the cost of projects that have been committed to in the past. It is an entirely
reasonable opening gambit in negotiation from the EU side although I have no doubt that people will appear on here to talk about the doom and gloom and no free ride in Brexit etc etc. According to the BBC, Stephen Meyer (ally of Merkel) has already said that Germany is uncomfortable with the aggressive stance taken by the Commission so really it is a not very strong negotiating tool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here