Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skalak out

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He was appalling tonight, I've always tried to stick up for him due to his crossing ability but from open play he is just dreadful. Was completely out of his depth against L2 opposition tonight, it would be a mistake to give him a place in the 25-man squad..

Absolutely this, I think even Chris was annoyed with him this evening totally out of his depth and I'm sorry to say time to off load him.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Don't want to have a go at our players too much but today felt like last chance saloon for Jiri and he failed to show at all. I'd be surprised if he's still with us on the 1st Sep.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Skalak stunk the place out tonight. Was really disappointed with Ince too shame he hasn't kicked on he is just so lazy and it's so clear CH doesn't rate him.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No Towell was easily the worst with Hemed and Skalak in close proximity.
I said to my mate around 80 mins, what happened to towel..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Think we'll struggle to find any loan suiters for Skalak after that showing tonight.
I don't think the lad actually has a footballing brain. Chose the wrong option everytime.

Towel was no better either. I think we've purchased a dud there too. He would struggle to get a loan Div 2 loan. Massively out of his depth playing English league football.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The 'Bong is shite' thread is already up and running.

Beginning to wonder if we have any capable players at all based on NSC.

Honestly - if you'd been at the game you'd get it.

I don't like slagging off players, but when they show as little effort or commitment as Skalak did tonight, they deserve a thread like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I don't like slagging off players, but when they show as little effort or commitment as Skalak did tonight, they deserve a thread like this.

Be interesting to see what CH does if it was obviously that bad. Maybe they know they're already out.......

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

He was shocking. I've never seen him beat anyone with skill/pace. Out of his depth against L2 Barnet and also Crawley pre-season

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Usually stick up for him, he is better than that. Only thing I can think of is he already has an incling that he won't make the squad, or he's been told as much.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I try not to criticise players, another poster said lack of commitment, but in reality it is lack of ability. Yes he can cross and play deadballs, but only when given space and time. He will not have that. He is not the worst player ever to put on the stripes but being realistic he is a championship squad player. Fwiw, same applies to towell.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Usually stick up for him, he is better than that. Only thing I can think of is he already has an incling that he won't make the squad, or he's been told as much.

As normal, more or less spot on. He was poor and is usually much better.

Replicating Knockaert's pathetic behaviour (sulking perhaps?).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Maybe we should just get rid of EVERYONE?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A 25 man squad cannot contain Knockaert, March, Izquierdo, Murphy, Skalak and Ahannach.

2 won't be included, so I think you may be right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here