Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Modern football Pt 27 - the League Cup 3rd round draw...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
...will be made in Beijing on Thursday at the handy time of 4.15am UK time.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Will they manage to avoid making a total cluster **** of this draw? They've ballsed up the previous two rounds. Would never have happened in Graham Kellys day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will they manage to avoid making a total cluster **** of this draw? They've ballsed up the previous two rounds. Would never have happened in Graham Kellys day.

Shirley you mean Bert the Inert and his velvet ball bag.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Having attended a few formal sporting ceremony type things in China, I suspect the chances of 'a total cluster****' are fairly high. That is after they have introduced about a dozen dignitaries and suffered several long, and then translated, speeches.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Having attended a few formal sporting ceremony type things in China, I suspect the chances of 'a total cluster****' are fairly high. That is after they have introduced about a dozen dignitaries and suffered several long, and then translated, speeches.

OK, so the draw itself should be around 8.00?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I must admit when I saw China, 4am, thought it was a wind up

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Is there nothing English football won't do for sponsors in the chase for more money.

The interviews after the draw will be fun with half asleep managers saying what a wonderful draw they have at home

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Junket-mungus!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
likley to improve viewing figures, more interest over there and from insomniacs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I remember Merthyr Tydfill turning up twice in an FA Cup draw many years back. They themselves were quite relishing the second chance.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe its a pre-curser to playing all the third round games out there:ffsparr:

Or to the games being played at 4:15 UK time IN the UK... :dunce:

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Number 23.....

....... Chicken in black bean sauce.

Will be playing at home to.....

Number 17.......