Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Ticket Exchange NOW OPEN for Man City match***

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
How? Sth get loyalty points for being Sth. It used to be 1000 but now it's accumulative 30 points per season. I honestly don't think I lost any points for being ill in February and putting my ticket on the Exchange for one game in April.

My mate definitely lost points going via the Exchange - it was clear on his record (that he did not get any points for that particular game). I agree that with the new system in place it may no longer be the case and that my prior post should have said 'may lose points' rather than 'will lose points'. Some clarity from the club would be welcome.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As a concession, my season ticket works out at 16.75 a match at home (Prem game x 20).
I got a £20 voucher in April, for my ticket as we were away.

There's only 19 home games, not 20.

If the offer was a nineteenth of the season ticket cost as a cash refund, I'd be happy to use the exchange (no matter how unlikely the scenario is). The offer of a voucher for the club shop that I'm unlikely to use as I can never find anything I want in there is not appealing. If they gave me cash, I'd probably spend it in one of the bars, but not in the club shop.

The current system won't appeal to many which will result in a continuance of a large number of empty seats at sold out games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If the offer was a nineteenth of the season ticket cost as a cash refund, I'd be happy to use the exchange (no matter how unlikely the scenario is). The offer of a voucher for the club shop that I'm unlikely to use as I can never find anything I want in there is not appealing. If they gave me cash, I'd probably spend it in one of the bars, but not in the club shop.

The current system won't appeal to many which will result in a continuance of a large number of empty seats at sold out games.

My example was actually wrong because last season we had 23 home games.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

So you would prefer a seat to be empty ? Surely the compensation then is irrelevant ? How about doing it then to help out another fan who otherwise wouldn't have been able to go ?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I might be wrong, but didn't PB say last season he was prioritising an upgrade of the ticket exchange? The scheme appears to remain exactly the same as before. Not really good enough.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
"Seats will only be listed in the event the game is completely sold out prior to 4pm on Friday 11th August.
In the event the season ticket seat is resold, the seller will be sent a retail gift voucher.
Once listed, the season ticket can no longer be used and will be deactivated, regardless of whether or not the seat resells. "

This is hardly incentivising reselling of tickets.

Agreed

I couldn't make the Bristol city game last season. I got a £25 gift voucher which expired on July 1st and could only be used at the club shop. I live in South London and would have to have made a special journey during the off season to use the ****ing voucher. Thanks a bunch.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So you would prefer a seat to be empty ? Surely the compensation then is irrelevant ? How about doing it then to help out another fan who otherwise wouldn't have been able to go ?

The club gets to resell the seat at full price. It seems only fair that the season ticket holder gets some reward. Maybe a voucher for food/drink at the ground rather than in the club shop and longer to spend it ?

Last edited:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

Exactly, a bit of a twattish attitude to have. I am the sort of person that will be looking to purchase tickets from the exchange, when I am back on a visit!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My mate definitely lost points going via the Exchange - it was clear on his record (that he did not get any points for that particular game). I agree that with the new system in place it may no longer be the case and that my prior post should have said 'may lose points' rather than 'will lose points'. Some clarity from the club would be welcome.

You don't state whether your mate held a ST. Did he? I can easily see why he'd lose the 10 LP he'd been given for a league game if he wasn't a STH, or lose the points for a cup game whether or not he was a STH, but it's a bit odd to deduct 10 LP from his account for a home league game if he was a STH. Not least because it's a weird amount - it would have made more sense (if the club were going to deduct any points at all) if it had been 1000/23 = 43 LP.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
A £25 voucher is quite a lot. There's the dvd of last season, a t shirt, a scarf etc. Plenty to choose from.

I'm not sure about losing points. You get points for being a season ticket holder and it's measured in years. You don't get deducted points if you can't go because you're ill.

Righto.

And for those of us who would rather have the money? Or don't want to queue up in the club shop before a game? Or already have a scarf? Or a t shirt? Or can watch YouTube so don't need a DVD player? Or would welcome the cash because we would rather spend on something more worthwhile? You can't even spend it at food kiosks.

Stop trying to defend the club. This is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've only done this once and must admit I found myself struggling to spend £25 in the shop. Ended up buying the book on our first season at Falmer. Although it's a nice thing to have and a good read, I would never have really considered buying it. There is a lot of tat in the shop and not much that appeals to me that I don't already have. Surely a cash refund straight into the acounts of STHs is the way to go. Easier to operate too. We know the club make big profits on merch but we are giving them the opportunity to resell our seat so surely that should be enough.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I appreciate that, but it's an effort to do something proactive for no reward. Most people I know have little time to get things done that they want to do and it's the sort of thing that won't get prioritised.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Exactly, a bit of a twattish attitude to have. I am the sort of person that will be looking to purchase tickets from the exchange, when I am back on a visit!

If the ticket exchange was fit for purpose, you'd have more chance of getting that ticket.

I'm not being twattish, just realistic about the chances of the current system working.

Just to be clear, our tickets have never gone unused, but we are often on the lookout for additional tickets for friends and family who like to go when they can but don't have season tickets themselves. A properly incentivised ticket exchange helps all of us.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
You don't state whether your mate held a ST. Did he? I can easily see why he'd lose the 10 LP he'd been given for a league game if he wasn't a STH, or lose the points for a cup game whether or not he was a STH, but it's a bit odd to deduct 10 LP from his account for a home league game if he was a STH. Not least because it's a weird amount - it would have made more sense (if the club were going to deduct any points at all) if it had been 1000/23 = 43 LP.

Yes he's a STH & it was definitely 10 points. No idea of the rationale behind it. As [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] suggested earlier, it may well be a moot point now that the loyalty points system has changed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Christ why not just give people £20 as to me the club are just pocketing big time as expected.

I'd be happy to settle for half of that with no strings attached. Just sell the ticket back to the club for a tenner, no questions asked, no 'match must be a sellout' proviso, then give them the opportunity to re-sell it for £40 or whatever. We already get a decent deal on season tickets, and for a match you just can't go to, it's better to get something back than nothing at all IMHO. For many people it would also be better than a £25 voucher with 'sellout' strings attached.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes he's a STH & it was definitely 10 points. No idea of the rationale behind it. As [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] suggested earlier, it may well be a moot point now that the loyalty points system has changed.

Weird! :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Righto.

And for those of us who would rather have the money? Or don't want to queue up in the club shop before a game? Or already have a scarf? Or a t shirt? Or can watch YouTube so don't need a DVD player? Or would welcome the cash because we would rather spend on something more worthwhile? You can't even spend it at food kiosks.

Stop trying to defend the club. This is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was happy with my voucher. Why accuse me of defending the club? You wouldn't be happy with a voucher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here