Votes: 142 54.6%
  • OUT of the EU

Votes: 118 45.4%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
So many threads, so many posts, so many people discussing fervently, and the final result will most certainly be YES. I am 100% sure of that, and you can quote me.

As a neutral observer I can only say that the whole "Brexit" stuff looks exactly like "Grexit". A lot of talk, lot of frothing at the mouth, and in the end absolutely nothing will change.

*yaaaaaaaaaawn*

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
So many threads, so many posts, so many people discussing fervently, and the final result will most certainly be YES. I am 100% sure of that, and you can quote me.

As a neutral observer I can only say that the whole "Brexit" stuff looks exactly like "Grexit". A lot of talk, lot of frothing at the mouth, and in the end absolutely nothing will change.

*yaaaaaaaaaawn*

I don't think you should be so dismissive. Some of us have had enough of being rolled over by the Germans. You know what it's like.........

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I will vote in because the alternatives seem worse. Out we either go with Norwegian model, which seems to be have all the drawbacks of eu membership with no say in the decision making process or we step into the unknown completely ouside the eu and I'm not concinced everyones going to be queing up to provide us the trade deals we want.

Yep, Norway pays 90% of what we pay per person for the privilege of trading in the single market. 90% of the cost, 0% of the influence. If we left they'd demand a similar price and we really will have cut our nose off to spite our face. Norway also has to accept the free movement of people. Suckers.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I don't think you should be so dismissive. Some of us have had enough of being rolled over by the Germans. You know what it's like.........

Yes, I know and I sympathise, but mark my words--there is absolutely ZERO chance for the vote to be "no". As Joseph Stalin once said "it doesn't matter who votes, it matters who counts the votes". There is too much going on behind the scenes that ordinary people like you and me know nothing about, but one thing is certain: Britain will not be allowed to exit the EU, just like Greece wasn't allowed to do so. Enough said.

As I said, come back to this thread after the vote and see whether I was right or wrong.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Out of interest what has made you change your mind?

That it has been agreed that we will never join the 'euro'.

That we can 'opt out' of an ever closer europe.

That some welfare curbs have been agreed.

That Michael Gove thinks we should leave.

All these things aside, British people on the whole have what I call 'an Island mentality'......and we are never going to feel as much a part of Europe as those countries in mainland Europe.

Those who will quote endlessly of the financial implications of being IN or OUT, are simply guessing.I have no specific problem with either view, but I would rather stay with what we know rather than the unknown.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, I know and I sympathise, but mark my words--there is absolutely ZERO chance for the vote to be "no". As Joseph Stalin once said "it doesn't matter who votes, it matters who counts the votes". There is too much going on behind the scenes that ordinary people like you and me know nothing about, but one thing is certain: Britain will not be allowed to exit the EU, just like Greece wasn't allowed to do so. Enough said.

As I said, come back to this thread after the vote and see whether I was right or wrong.

I will. I'll also come back and see if [MENTION=28109]Wellesley[/MENTION] is still making cheap pathetic war gags :lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Out.

Nothing about transferring powers from Brussels back to the UK parliament.

Nothing meaningful about reforming the EU.

I have been for decades an IN person but the way the EU has handled the migration crisis and the appalling way the EU and international banking institutions treated Greece over its financial crisis has made me believe that the UK must drop the EU and shape and control its own immigration policy.

David Cameron's agreement is a fudge. It does not address any of the major issues we have over our membership of the EU.

I will be voting OUT.

Agree with this .... except I was never an IN.

Looking for "shake it all about option".

In the words of one of Harry Enfield's comic creations "It is better to be in the train pissing through the window onto the people on the platform than it is to be running along the platform trying to piss into the train" so a grudging yes.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I voted yes to be in Europe and I will always vote YES to stay in Europe. I also am quite ashamed about the way the UK has gone and held Europe to ransom over Benefits to EU Migrants. The only people who lose in that is the very poorest in Society - Yes OK we have all seen the very biased documentaries of some Overseas migrants cheating the benefits system, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

The largest percentage of benefit fraud is committed by people already here in the UK from birth where we have generations of families who have never worked but even then I still believe strongly in the welfare system.

Very few in the UK wanted to bring the refugee ships ashore when people were dying trying to get to Italy, Turkey and Greece and I include the British media and Press. The they show you a little boy dead being washed up on shore and all of a sudden the British Press tell us we should be ashamed and we were shamed into doing something about that. We are all slaves to what we read in the papers and see on TV. I for one am now ashamed of what the UK does on a regular basis in these circumstances because I care what happens to other living breathing human beings.

I know for sure that this post is going to be slaughtered but I would rather my post on NSC got slaughtered than say absolutely nothing. Cameron said himself he wants the best of both worlds - Being in Europe and out of it which is his prerogative. He has a job to do but I am not going to be party to things which cause hardship and misery to others.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I will. I'll also come back and see if [MENTION=28109]Wellesley[/MENTION] is still making cheap pathetic war gags :lolol:

Your like one of those white kids that adopts a Jamaican accent. A bit sad really.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Your like one of those white kids that adopts a Jamaican accent. A bit sad really.

I've not got a clue what you're on about.

PS it's You're.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I voted yes to be in Europe and I will always vote YES to stay in Europe. I also am quite ashamed about the way the UK has gone and held Europe to ransom over Benefits to EU Migrants. The only people who lose in that is the very poorest in Society - Yes OK we have all seen the very biased documentaries of some Overseas migrants cheating the benefits system, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

The largest percentage of benefit fraud is committed by people already here in the UK from birth where we have generations of families who have never worked but even then I still believe strongly in the welfare system.

Very few in the UK wanted to bring the refugee ships ashore when people were dying trying to get to Italy, Turkey and Greece and I include the British media and Press. The they show you a little boy dead being washed up on shore and all of a sudden the British Press tell us we should be ashamed and we were shamed into doing something about that. We are all slaves to what we read in the papers and see on TV. I for one am now ashamed of what the UK does on a regular basis in these circumstances because I care what happens to other living breathing human beings.

I know for sure that this post is going to be slaughtered but I would rather my post on NSC got slaughtered than say absolutely nothing. Cameron said himself he wants the best of both worlds - Being in Europe and out of it which is his prerogative. He has a job to do but I am not going to be party to things which cause hardship and misery to others.
These posts make me so mad!

Great ideas, and whilst most of us would love to see all these happen, unfortunately it is just not possible due to lack of money and lack of space. If you want to bring all the poorest in the world over, why not send convoys to Africa and bring a billion of them over as well while you are at it.

The reason posts like this get slaughtered is because you are not thinking things through. A bit like a labour government. Live for today, **** tomorrow. Problem is today is yesterdays tomorrow, and we are out of space, our infrastructure cannot cope as it is, without introducing more outsiders to it. We all care about what happens to other human beings, but just opening the doors and handing out cash would work well today, but destroy us tomorrow.

The welfare system is so wrong in this country. We should help those who cannot help themselves. Old, disabled, sick. Everyone else should be intitled to a roof over their head, food in the stomachs, but for anything else, they need to put into the system to take out. So accepting people from outside who have contributed nothing, whilst a looney left bleeding heart liberal idea is great, in the real world someone has to pay for it and find the room and put the infrastructure in place, and on an all ready overcrowed island, that is not Britain.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Interesting comments made by our parent company out in america about the consequences of an OUT

With us having so many offices now in Europe and the way that the EU hand out subsidies, being out of it will be a worry for us.

But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here