Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammi more annoyed with Buckley than Ward

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Interesting that ALL news from the press conference has been embargoed until midday. Announcement expected?*

#hopedfor

Can our roving reporter @hove born&bred not share. He is usally at these press conferences isnt he?
Edit: Think I mis read first time. Are newspapers/media embargoed or is it everything/everyone involved?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So is the press conference done, and an announcement to be made at midday? Or, is the press conference rearranged for midday, and where at?

We had someone at the press conference earlier and our report will come up at midday too - Read the Albion

There is always an agreed time of release for these things so that someone doesn't just blurt all the juicy bits out quickly and ruin everyone else's efforts.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I really wouldn't be surprised if Hyypia leaves and to be honest quite honest I wouldn't blame him at all. He has been sold this promising ambitious club that has a chance of pushing for the play offs/promotion, he then comes here and we sell our star players and can't even manage to replace them. I feel sorry for Sami, and I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking for another manager before the Bolton game.

Me neither, but if Sami becomes the third manager to quit in the last 15 months, citing 'ceilings being hit' or similar, how are we going to attract a good manager; who would want to manage us under the present set-up - we no longer look like an ambitious club on the up?

Telling a prospective manager that we have a great stadium, great training facilities and great youth academy, but cannot/will not invest in the squad for the foreseeable future, is hardly going to be attractive to a quality manager.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
God I hope so, the level of angst is such that we are all texting each other as well now. Is there any basis for the Solly Marsh rumours - sorry if its already been posted, but I'm trying to work and worry simultaneously :wrong:
March not going anywhere according to his family.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is he annoyed at the club, or rather the player for wanting to leave? More information required before leaping to conclusions.

The Argus reported earlier that Sami was more annoyed with Ward and his agent than the club over the Burnley move/failing to turn up for medical. Therefore I would say he is annoyed at Buckley rather than the club again over his move to Sunderland. I guess we will find out more in 30 mins.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So the two players Gus promised to take with him when he was planning to jump ship for Reading have now joined him at Sunderland and both leaving a nasty taste because of the way they conducted their departures.
Unsurprising.

The squad we had failed at the final hurdle twice. Sami knew a clean start was on the cards so no issues there but when you can't sign replacements the whole process takes an unexpected turn.
Will we now throw money at it to ensure safety at least this season? Who knows.....but angst over Buckley or Ward is no more than a smokescreen for the real issues.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We had someone at the press conference earlier and our report will come up at midday too - Read the Albion

There is always an agreed time of release for these things so that someone doesn't just blurt all the juicy bits out quickly and ruin everyone else's efforts.

Is there anything of genuine interest in this press conference??

Pointless ripping into Buckley. Unfortunately, this is reaping the unintended consequences of selling Ulloa - doesn't matter how much money we got, the message went out to every other player that we weren't serious about this season. Of course anyone who then could escape and with skills in high demand would put out the feelers for a way out. You can't hold classy players by showing limited ambition

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Pointless ripping into Buckley. Unfortunately, this is reaping the unintended consequences of selling Ulloa - doesn't matter how much money we got, the message went out to every other player that we weren't serious about this season. Of course anyone who then could escape and with skills in high demand would put out the feelers for a way out. You can't hold classy players by showing limited ambition

Or attract any. Players are drawn to clubs who have short term ambition, not to become part of a five year project. Who can blame them when they have such short careers.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am more annoyed with departure of Will Buckley than I was when Peter Ward left.

D

Deleted member 22389

I thought the ride was a bit bumpy with Oscar, but bloody hell. From this point on it can only get better.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
hark
if you listen hard enough you can hear McCourt hammering on an office door, locked in until he signs a contract

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Im sure the same was thought about Burnley last season when they sold Charlie Austin for the same sort of fee as Ulloa, didnt end too badly for them and their on paper average team.

Admittedly, they did have 3 decent strikers though, where as we have 2 average ones at present.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here