Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton Away

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
This is the reply I have received from Supporter Services following my email earlier today:

"Away ticketing has changed slightly, we now go on sale to supporters earlier to allow us to get a better understanding of the volume of supporters wanting to book for this game which in turns allows us to choose an allocation from the home club.

As we are now on sale at an earlier time, the reason behind us not being able to choose exact seating is because we do not get the home clubs seating plan until later than usual meaning that we cannot select seating at the point of purchase."

So it sounds like tough luck guys - you can buy tickets early, but don't expect to have anu choice asa to where you sit

Perhaps they could introduce a preference (Lower/Higher) for those who prefer to be sat down the bottom and those who prefer to stand near the back or even allow a block preference. That way they can get a better grasp on demand and we can attempt to please those who have a preference..

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This is the reply I have received from Supporter Services following my email earlier today:

"Away ticketing has changed slightly,

Changed slightly, the understatement of the year!

Are they not expecting 3,000 at each game this season then.

Given that they know the seating blocks that will be available if a full allocation is taken, why can't they offer seats in these blocks from day 1, with a warning that depending on final allocation taken you may receive a ticket for a seat in another block.

This way there is more chance of getting the block you were after.

Also I fail to understand why they needed to do this for Watford and Liverpool as I would I thought anyone would have said that these would sell out, which they have done

Hopefully someone will grill Barber on this issue at the Forum.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex

"Away ticketing has changed slightly, we now go on sale to supporters earlier to allow us to get a better understanding of the volume of supporters wanting to book for this game which in turns allows us to choose an allocation from the home club.

As we are now on sale at an earlier time, the reason behind us not being able to choose exact seating is because we do not get the home clubs seating plan until later than usual meaning that we cannot select seating at the point of purchase."

So it sounds like tough luck guys - you can buy tickets early, but don't expect to have anu choice asa to where you sit

That is a pretty pathetic response. At the very least the club should be saying how the tickets are allocated once it has chosen an allocation from the home club.

Will the club still continue to allocate tickets in the front row nearest the corner flag to supporters who buy tickets at 9am on the first day of purchase, or will it now say that the best available seats will be allocated to supporters who buy the earliest tickets? No doubt some cock and bull story will be concocted to say that everyone has a different idea as to what the best tickets are, but if that is the case why can't the club ask for peoples preferences upfront and log this on each persons fan profile (e.g. if you choose a seat allocated from the front you will be expected to sit down, and if you choose a seat allocated from the back you can stand) . Regardless, an explanation is still required on the policy for allocating tickets, even if its only to say tickets will be allocated from the front or back first.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Doesn’t this rather go against the club’s recent proposals to the EPL to ensure sitters go at the front and standers at the back?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Changed slightly, the understatement of the year!

Are they not expecting 3,000 at each game this season then.

Given that they know the seating blocks that will be available if a full allocation is taken, why can't they offer seats in these blocks from day 1, with a warning that depending on final allocation taken you may receive a ticket for a seat in another block.

This way there is more chance of getting the block you were after.

Also I fail to understand why they needed to do this for Watford and Liverpool as I would I thought anyone would have said that these would sell out, which they have done

Hopefully someone will grill Barber on this issue at the Forum.

I agree, there are 3,000 of us effected in this backward step a few emails will maybe help them see the point

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
I’ve heard that some people don’t go to their allocated seats and some don’t even sit down!

Shocking! Hughton out!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
400 currently available, not sure if all 3000 went on sale today though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Someone earlier in this thread said when they logged on at 9am under 1500 were on sale. Unlikely that the other 1500 (minus those held back for players' friends and family etc) sold in under a minute!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Does anyone know if many are left? Hoping to get one tomorrow morning.

Says 363 but I imagine that is of the 1,500 approx they put up today. So 1,100 odd sold today, leaving 1,900 if we take the full allocation. I imagine they will list more once that number gets closer to 0.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Says 363 but I imagine that is of the 1,500 approx they put up today. So 1,100 odd sold today, leaving 1,900 if we take the full allocation. I imagine they will list more once that number gets closer to 0.

I'll get on at 9am so chances sound good.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
In your personal details section, if you click on "tickets" then click on the little tickbox next to the Watford match, and click the blue "details" button on the right, it will bring up the seat details.

Thanks, can now view seat details allocated.
There does not seem to be a pattern to what block you get based on when you book.
For both Watford and Liverpool I logged on at 9am on the first day.
Watford I have been allocated VR2 in the centre behind the goal but for Liverpool I got the block in the corner.

324 showing as left for Southampton (23:12pm)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Tickets purchased. There was around 150 left a moment ago, but as people have said that isn't the whole allocation most likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here