Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are over 14 years of age and .....

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I see it as people wanting to be a Brighton footballer and that's the nearest they'll get, id compare it to somebody who wants to be a postman dressing up like a postie and following one about.

Ah I understand you now. Just a Billy no mates troll.

You really should be worrying about who your next manager is going to be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You wear a replica top to matches. Why ?
This is such a crap attitude. Although I don't generally wear a replica, I do try and wear the right colours. I think it helps the atmosphere if fans make an effort. We're there to support a team, not be part of a fashion show.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You wear a replica top to matches. Why ?

What's the significance of being over 14?

I'll wear one sometimes because, well, pretty much all the reasons given already. Not sure your analogy makes total sense, to be honest. If you wear designer clothes, does that mean you automatically want to be a model?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I don't give a flying **** what other people think! This particular shirt needs a name and number to make it 'complete'. I won't have a players name or my own name and I fully embrace #together; an ethos that has gone a long way to getting us to where we are now!
View attachment 89094

:lolol:the 'drip' responds..

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The answer has a long and storied tradition in history. Where ever humans were representing their tribe there was a flag/banner bearer.

Despite being one of the most deadly occupations in an army the flag bearer/bannerman was the most sought after position such was the honour.

When a flag bearer would fall there was never a shortage of men who'd pick it up from the fallen comrade and march on with it.

Replica team jerseys today draw their tradition from this mentality of flying the colours of the team to show which team you are with.

Only on NSC will a basic question receive a reply about anthropology:D

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's a strange one. I would never wear a shirt to matches, but I'm not really sure why, I'd just feel like a bit of a knob. The stadium looks much better if everyone wears them though.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
IMG_9389.JPG

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
You do realise that when people troll you back the pressure is on you to then reply with something witty back and so on and so forth until someone is in tears right? Continuing to just go LOL GOT YOU makes you look a bit silly :lolol::lolol:

The viper joins NSC a few months before the Amex has finished construction, how convenient. Who did you previously support?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Got it in one!

I wear one because I think that one day we will be without a striker, and Chris Hughton will see me, a short, rotund, 58 year old, with a blood clot on his lung and a congenital heart condition, who has to spend five minutes panting for breath at the top of the WSU stairs, and think " That is the answer to our goalscoring problem, and he's got his own shirt, I'll start him upfront"
It may not ever happen, but, if it does, I'll be ready.

Can I be your no 1 fan if it does? Don't forget me when it happens and those that stood behind you... Thanks.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
[MENTION=1408]hopkins[/MENTION]. Ah yes, that old chestnut.

"Oh shyt, I've made a prat of myself, better make out I was only joking and they'll believe me and think I'm soooo funny".

Get a life you pillock.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here