Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Make sure you sing 'One Johnny Motson' today!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So apart from being a fondly remembered commentator of our childhoods, his dad being a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, living opposite someone and being an institution.

What has John Motson ever done for us ?

Motty is the football equivalent of the late CMJ, someone who has huge knowledge and interest in his chosen sport, and a friendly voice of comfort and stability in a changing world. Today Blowers stepped down and was given a wonderful round of applause at Lord's, at the end of this season we lose Motty, a man who has become part of our national fabric and he should be celebrated and remembered just as we remembered the late Peter Jones and Bryon Butler... I will always remember Motty for his catchphrase " interestingly enough,......"

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Motty is the football equivalent of the late CMJ, someone who has huge knowledge and interest in his chosen sport, and a friendly voice of comfort and stability in a changing world. Today Blowers stepped down and was given a wonderful round of applause at Lord's, at the end of this season we lose Motty, a man who has become part of our national fabric and he should be celebrated and remembered just as we remembered the late Peter Jones and Bryon Butler... I will always remember Motty for his catchphrase " interestingly enough,......"

So apart from being a fondly remembered commentator of our childhoods, his dad being a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, living opposite someone and being an institution, being the the football equivalent of the late CMJ, someone who has huge knowledge and interest in his chosen sport, and a friendly voice of comfort and stability in a changing world.

What has Motty ever done for us ?

I was listening to some old Peter Jones and Bryon Butler commentaries the other day. Brought back memories.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So apart from being a fondly remembered commentator of our childhoods, his dad being a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, living opposite someone and being an institution, being the the football equivalent of the late CMJ, someone who has huge knowledge and interest in his chosen sport, and a friendly voice of comfort and stability in a changing world.

I was listening to some old Peter Jones and Bryon Butler commentaries the other day. Brought back memories.

He's not a Palace fan.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Brought fleece?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Both masters of their craft, in 10 years time you might well feel the same about Motty.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I love John Motson. I've watched some amazing wildlife programs, but if it's not Attenborough, it's not quite the same and it's like that for me with Motty and football.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Both masters of their craft, in 10 years time you might well feel the same about Motty.

People talk about catch phrases, a common colloquial, something that etches in your psyche.

For me with Motson it's always:

'And England are out of the World Cup.... '

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Watch Football Focus on IPlayer tomorrow & educate yourself. It came from the Amex today, and featured a lot of Brighton, including a great tribute to Brighton from Motty.

Or I could save time and get the gist on here?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
You were happy enough to spend time watching 2 irrelevant teams play each other.

I prefer watching live competitive football rather than a magazine show. I watched Fylde against Barrow the other week.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here