Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Stoke MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Report on last night's game up. As ever, if you want to read it, click here http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?710-Albion-2-2-Stoke-City-20-11-2017

Mason not only waved away the most obvious of penalty claims, but added the cherry on the shit-ref cake, by signaling for a corner, while Murray sat in front of him, on the pitch, with the ball in his hands. Expert opinion from Mark Halsey in this morning’s press described "one of the easiest calls a referee will ever get to make". Remarkably, even the official Stoke City twitter account announced it ought to have been given, but for Mr Mason and his (even better placed) assistant, nothing to see. Quite the most spectacularly wrong penalty call a GFBR has made at the Amex, since Mason’s fat bald doppelganger Simon Hooper penalised Calderon against Bournemouth, for looking funny at Eddie Howe.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I note no-one anywhere has criticised Lee Grant for wasting record amounts of time at every goal kick opportunity or even in possession, quite scandalous even in modern times of away keepers playing for time.

Any decent referee would have carded him early on to cut it out, and played a significant amount of 'stolen time'. Then again, we are talking about GFBR!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I note no-one anywhere has criticised Lee Grant for wasting record amounts of time at every goal kick opportunity or even in possession, quite scandalous even in modern times of away keepers playing for time.

Any decent referee would have carded him early on to cut it out, and played a significant amount of 'stolen time'. Then again, we are talking about GFBR!

There's been plenty of comment about him on here, and someone said the BeIn Sports commentators were going on about him taking the piss.

I make reference to them timewasting right from kick-off in the report, and yes, as for the GFBR's ability to deal with their antics:

Zouma and his mates launched into a wanky two-minute dance routine in front of the North Stand, completely dismissing Mr Mason’s half-arsed attempts to hurry them up, like a group of Year nines toying with a feeble supply teacher.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Great read. Game really livened up after that no penalty decision, suddenyl our players were up for it. Was quite stale before that.

I thought Shaqiri was excellent for them. Dunk should have done better but that ball for their first goal was very good. Didnt appreciate it at the game, only on the replays afterwards.

GBFR was worse than useless. Missed the March decision from the GBFR. Was right infront of us. New rule, player goes past you, fall down and grab the ball and you'll get a free kick.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There was an incident in the second half when a Stoke player was called over by the ref but the player turned his back and kept walking. Ref gave up trying.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great read. Game really livened up after that no penalty decision, suddenyl our players were up for it. Was quite stale before that.

I thought Shaqiri was excellent for them. Dunk should have done better but that ball for their first goal was very good. Didnt appreciate it at the game, only on the replays afterwards.

GBFR was worse than useless. Missed the March decision from the GBFR. Was right infront of us. New rule, player goes past you, fall down and grab the ball and you'll get a free kick.

There was an incident in the second half when a Stoke player was called over by the ref but the player turned his back and kept walking. Ref gave up trying.

Same incident I think?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here