Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currently NO TRAINS for the Colchester or Forest games

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm seriously thinking about investing in a bike.

One thing I wondered about though - when you get to the Amex, what do you do with your HELMET ?

I keep mine under my seat.

The club have a healthy attitude to cycling, unlike Selhurst Park where some jobsworth tried to stop me coming in, saying that my helmet was an offensive weapon

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

The club have a healthy attitude to cycling, unlike Selhurst Park where some jobsworth tried to stop me coming in, saying that my helmet was an offensive weapon

Sounds good, ta.

Put him in a high-viz jacket with 'steward' written on the back ?

:lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I don't suppose they know what a bike is at Smellhurst. You would be taking your life in your hands to ride one around the streets of Croydon.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't suppose they know what a bike is at Smellhurst. You would be taking your life in your hands to ride one around the streets of Croydon.

I used to live in south-east London and cycle to a job in Croydon every day - it was a hairy road though, there was a significant proportion of completely crazy drivers

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

One thing I wondered about though - when you get to the Amex, what do you do with your HELMET ?

Leaving it with your bike is unlikely to be a problem, as I doubt anyone's going to want to nick a sweaty helmet...

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester

I find the easiest thing is just to put the bike lock through an air vent at the front of the helmet before locking the bike up. That way you lock both the helmet and the bike frame to the bike stand at the same time.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The first sentence is correct. In a strike of this kind, there won't be 'no trains'. He was countering a statement where someone said 'there will be no trains'.

You could phrase it as 'some trains will run, but it isn't hard to understand what halbpro meant.
Thank you thunderbolt , [MENTION=3738]GOM[/MENTION]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I understand the club have worked hard to put some contingency measures in place for the games affected by the strike, should it go ahead, and these will be published later today.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
And here it is ...............

Please queue in a orderly fashion

moments-2d215.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I understand the club have worked hard to put some contingency measures in place for the games affected by the strike, should it go ahead, and these will be published later today.

I guess they need something to put on the website.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14659902.Albion_puts_plans_in_place_to_help_fans_beat_rail_strike/

BRIGHTON and Hove Albion FC has beefed up parking and bus services to help fans beat next week's planned rail strike.

Rail workers are due to walk out from Monday to Friday in a long-running dispute over conductors' roles.

Talks are ongoing today to avert the strike, but if it goes ahead it is set to cause huge disruption on the Southern network.

The club's chief executive, Paul Barber, said it was not taking sides in the dispute but the knock-on disruption to businesses was "totally unacceptable".

Any strike is expected to affect matches against Colchester United and the opening home league fixture against Nottingham Forest next Friday (August 12).

For that match, the club has secured extra parking and bus services for extra park-and-ride sites in West Hove, Brighton, Pyecombe and Lewes (see details underneath).

It is also negotiating for extra parking in Brighton city centre and Lewes.

Chief executive Paul Barber said: "As I said last week it is hugely disappointing that our fans, along with many others, are being subjected to such inconvenience and uncertainty regarding their travel arrangements to and from matches.

"Our business, like so many others in London and the south east, is now being severely disrupted by the dispute which, as a major customer of Southern, is totally unacceptable.

"It is not for the club to take sides in a dispute to which we are not privy to the details, but both sides should reflect on the damage this dispute is doing.

"Meanwhile, we have to plan accordingly, and if the strike does go ahead, which looks likely at this stage, our operations team has been working around the clock to formulate a contingency plan to help our supporters get to and from the Amex.

"They have secured additional park-and-ride sites, and additional bus services to take fans to and from the stadium, and we are confident this will give us the capacity to get everyone in and out for the match."

With a smaller crowd expected for the Colchester United match, fans can travel by bus, Seagull Travel's coach operation or by using the near-site parking available, with additional parking available at Sussex University.

Here are the additional measures available for the Nottingham Forest match on Friday August 12, should the strike go ahead:

Park-and-ride sites at:

Sainsbury's, West Hove (pre-booked, details to follow)

& Brendon Equestrian, Pyecombe (pre-booked, details to follow)

- The club is negotiating for additional parking in both Brighton City Centre and Lewes.

- It will be running special shuttles from Maderia Drive/Marine Parade, and Lewes Station.

- An extra 200 additional spaces at Sussex University, which are available to purchase from £12 per car.

Where possible, fans are advised to come via normal means, but those fans who usually travel by train are advised to use one of the above options.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here