[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Probably the tail end of Winter Storm Juno which hits New York tonight

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hang on , providing it's late Wednesday and will have f**ked off within two weeks I'm actually happy with that :)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
we need the real expert Uncle S to give us his views.

He's made it clear on Facebook that his view differs on the snow chances. At least he's consistent. And a I've said, it's still possible that we'll get rain only. The weather Gods hate us to get the weather we want. Seemingly.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How much would a betting man have on a white Thursday morning??????

The latest GFS is pretty bullish

Screenshot_2015-01-27-00-01-00.png

You don't often see 90 or 95% snow probability figures for basically Worthing.

The ECM and UKMO don't broadly disagree either.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How does Blackpool look this weekend Papa?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How does Blackpool look this weekend Papa?

Unlike Sussex, Blackpool is well placed to pick up snow Wednesday afternoon into Thursday, after that it'll be cold with snow showers possible, maybe sleety at times, being so near the sea.

Down here, we do require disturbances in the airflow to push showers all the way over the land. We should see some Wednesday night , or at least that's what the output is showing. We could be unlucky.

Whichever way it goes, we would need an easterly here for proper cold and deep snow.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
we need the real expert Uncle S to give us his views.

This is a nonsense. The last snow alert and cold weather was infact 1 lucky shower and temps of 4-5C by day and a few frosts. This time it is even less, temps will be 11C tomorrow, 7C on Thursday and 6C on Friday and the weekend. This is average for the time of year. There will be some rain in the south on Thursday and any showers after that will be of rain/sleet. Again any snow will be midlands, north. We simply do not stand a chance with the W/NW winds down here on the south coast. That is my opinion

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
This is a nonsense. The last snow alert and cold weather was infact 1 lucky shower and temps of 4-5C by day and a few frosts. This time it is even less, temps will be 11C tomorrow, 7C on Thursday and 6C on Friday and the weekend. This is average for the time of year. There will be some rain in the south on Thursday and any showers after that will be of rain/sleet. Again any snow will be midlands, north. We simply do not stand a chance with the W/NW winds down here on the south coast. That is my opinion

I'll get the camera ready to do a time lapse of the snow tomorrow night then :moo:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll get the camera ready to do a time lapse of the snow tomorrow night then :moo:

I wouldn't berate [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] on this. It's just as likely he'll be right as the GFS outlook. As it's showers, for example, we might miss them (or they might miss us), or they might arrive too early (not cold enough) or too late.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is quite sad when you think about it when we are getting excited about a daytime max of 6C in late January with a possibility of a sleet shower over the tops of the downs when in Boston it is -10C max today with 3 feet of snow

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Move to Boston. Simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here