Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Sussex v Northamptonshire at Hove, Jul 6-9, 2014

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
massive game for both teams in football terms its a 6 pointer

Northamptonshire won the toss and elected to field

Sussex Team
LWP Wells, CD Nash*, EC Joyce, LJ Wright, BC Brown†, Ashar Zaidi, SA Piolet, JC Tredwell, SJ Magoffin, LJ Hatchett, ME Hobden

Northamptonshire Team

SD Peters*, JD Middlebrook, JM Kettleborough, MNW Spriegel, KJ Coetzer, RI Newton, BM Duckett†, AJ Hall, SP Crook, DJ Willey, OP Stone

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
massive game for both teams in football terms its a 6 pointer

Sussex Team
LWP Wells, CD Nash*, EC Joyce, LJ Wright, BC Brown†, Ashar Zaidi, SA Piolet, JC Tredwell, SJ Magoffin, LJ Hatchett, ME Hobden

Northamptonshire Team

SD Peters*, JD Middlebrook, JM Kettleborough, MNW Spriegel, KJ Coetzer, RI Newton, BM Duckett†, AJ Hall, SP Crook, DJ Willey, OP Stone

Big game for Sussex. Although surely in cricket it would be a 32 pointer (with 16 points for a win).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good to see Edmund back playing.

Sssx 73/2

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Best laid plans and all that .. set off with my boy to watch the game and discovered I left my wallet at home. Doh! Still he seems happy enough in St Ann's park

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm finding it really difficult to find the heart to follow Sussex this season, The players and the coach all talk up the positives and how this is the " Business end of the season " yet we still subside with gentle ease with almost every match. 140-4

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm finding it really difficult to find the heart to follow Sussex this season, The players and the coach all talk up the positives and how this is the " Business end of the season " yet we still subside with gentle ease with almost every match. 140-4

It's been a poor season but I think there has been a lot of injuries and the loss of Jordan has really cost us. If you look at the absentees today - Yardy, Machin, RHB, Jordan, Lewis, Anyon, Prior - most counties would struggle with that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's been a poor season but I think there has been a lot of injuries and the loss of Jordan has really cost us. If you look at the absentees today - Yardy, Machin, RHB, Jordan, Lewis, Anyon, Prior - most counties would struggle with that.

Yes, but, to be fair Prior is our player in name only, we lose Machin and Joyce for international duty regularly too, RHB is hopelessly out of form and the predictable elevation of Jordan should have been anticipated. To lose Anyon and Lewis for this has not helped but we lack strength in depth plus, we lack character which is worse.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes, but, to be fair Prior is our player in name only, we lose Machin and Joyce for international duty regularly too, RHB is hopelessly out of form and the predictable elevation of Jordan should have been anticipated. To lose Anyon and Lewis for this has not helped but we lack strength in depth plus, we lack character which is worse.

I don't disagree with any of that. I think money is tight so they couldn't really afford to replace Jordan without him having a central contract. We have been poor for most of the season though. Got ourselves into decent positions and given them away with poor play. If we hadn't won those first two games, we'd be in real trouble now!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
166-5 the gentle slide to Division 2 continues......

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Luke Wright 100

And there is his hundred.......Luke Wright 100 n.o.

Sssx 289/5

:clap:

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Sussex CCC ‏@SussexCCC 28 secs
STUMPS: on Day One at Hove and Sussex are 319/6 with [MENTION=18348]luke[/MENTION]wright204 unbeaten on 111. Play resumes at 11.00am tomorrow morning #GOSBTS

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
A really good days cricket at Hove

Tough batting in the morning with the ball causing problems
Followed by Wrighty and others batting really well in next two sessions

Should be another good one tomorrow

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions